Dragonlord

Kir-ir-Bannog

...no ordinary rabbit
Jul 2, 2004
Cambridge, UK
Im interested in what the black metal fans here think of Eric Peterson's (Testament) Dragonlord (not to be confused with the dreadful Dragonforce).

The line up to the band has much expertise in the metal realm (Steve Digiorgio, John Allen, Steve Smyth), but does it work? Or is it just another Dummy Burger clone???

well, what does Dragonlord have to do with black metal...is my first question.

and secondly...i think we all know by now that "metal supergroups" do NOT necessarily equate to being good.

NineFeetUnderground said:

Symphonic Blackened Thrash is the correct term.

I gave these guys a try but they never sunk in. I'll stick with the European market for my black metal.

and secondly...i think we all know by now that "metal supergroups" do NOT necessarily equate to being good.

Arcturus being the exception.

Zephyrus said:
Symphonic Blackened Thrash is the correct term.

I gave these guys a try but they never sunk in. I'll stick with the European market for my black metal.

Arcturus being the exception.

how about youre an ignorant knob who shouldnt be given the ability to even attempt genre categorization?

and arcturus is no longer a supergroup. garm has left the building.

NineFeetUnderground said:

i wouldn't know, thats what they were touted as.....

coolsnow7 said:
So what would you call them?
\\

Basically Dragonlord is the American DImmu Borgir, (the new album is Black wings of Destiny its pretty good). I got the new cd directly off the bands guitarists Eric Peterson(Testament) and Steve Smyth(Nevermore) , and they gave me a fucking sweet poster for being 2 weeks late because they where on tour .

Alteredmindeath said:
\\

Basically Dragonlord is the American DImmu Borgir, (the new album is Black wings of Destiny its pretty good). I got the new cd directly off the bands guitarists Eric Peterson(Testament) and Steve Smyth(Nevermore) , and they gave me a fucking sweet poster for being 2 weeks late because they where on tour .

knob.

Dragonlord

did anyone have to think past the name?

What band are you in?
Uh. It's a metal band.
What's the name?
Well... you see...
I wasn't the one that came up with this name, so...
Dude just say it...
...Dragon...lord...
:lol: Incredible.
I had no part in it, I swear... Eric called me up and I mean I wasn't even thinking about a name...
:lol: :lol: Ok... Dragonlord... :lol: You're like 42 years old.
Dude, shutup. :cry:

ps. christmas colours ::cool: