"Drama" video (let's try this again)

EtherealSolitude

New Metal Member
Jun 3, 2003
Visit site
The damn post didn't display in my other thread. So I'll repost it.

I remember reading news at Beseech's site a year ago that a video for "Drama" was being filmed. What ever happened to it? I've heard nothing since early 2004. Anyone? o_O

Haha, I was wondering what was going on with that other post...

I'm not sure about the "Drama" video... as far as I know, it was going to be part animation and I think there were problems with the people working on that part of it. I'm almost positive some of the rest of the video was filmed because it's mentioned on www.beseechfanclub.com, but I'm not sure if there were problems with that also. Looks like it may be a while before we see a new Beseech video :(

Hey there

You're both right about the video for Drama.There was a videoshoot for the song last year. All shots with the members performing were shot in a studio in Borås. So all the actual film was shot during a hectic weekend. The shots were made with a bluescreen so that the animators could do their stuff in the postproduction. But I guess that's where the problems began, from what I know about this and this might not be the entire truth, the work began but the persons who were going to make the animations was going to do that on their spare time and first one of them dropped out because of lack of time and shortly after that the other one dropped out as well. Since there were no money available to hire someone to do this the video was never finished.
Later there has been ideas about using the existing material in some other way without any animations, but everything has a price and there just hasn't been any money available to do this.
But hopefully we'll be able to see a video with Beseech in the future.

As Claire pointed out there's a report from the videoshoot available in the misc section on beseechfanclub.com

/Morgan

I think there will eventually be one, just not as it was first set to be? They still have all the footage of them performing and it would be a shame just to let it sit around collecting dust.

I don't know though, I suppose with the release of the new album, they might want to move on to possibly filming a video for something from that. I don't mind waiting... I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end?