Dream Theater European Tour 2012

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
DREAM THEATER have announced a string of European dates with support from Maryland-based act PERIPHERY.

The dates are as follows:

January
23 - Helsinki, Finland - Icehall
25 - Stockholm, Sweden - Hovet
26 - Oslo, Norway - Valhall
27 - Copenhagen, Denmark - KB Hallen
29 - Poznan, Poland - Arena Hall
30 - Berlin, Germany - Columbialle

February
1 - Zwolle, Holland - IJsselhallen
2 - Dusseldorf, Germany - Mistubishi Electric-Halle
3 - Paris, France - Le Zenith
5 - Hannover, Germany - AWD Hall
6 - Offenbach, Germany - Stadthalle
8 - Glasgow, UK - Clyde Auditorium
9 - Manchester, UK - Apollo
10 - London, UK - Wembley Arena
12 - Luxembourg, Luxembourg - Rockhal
13 - Stuttgart, Germany - Liederhalle
14 - Wettingen (Zurich), Switzerland - Sportzentrum Tagerhard
17 - Budapest, Hungary - Arena
18 - Vienna, Austria - Gasometer
20 - Pordenone, Italy - Palasport
21 - Milan, Italy - Mediolanum Forum
22 - Perugia, Italy - Palaevangelisti
24 - Barcelona, Spain - Palau St Jordi
25 - Madrid, Spain - Palacio Vistalegre
26 - Lisbon, Portugal - Coliseum

I wanted to see them this year in the US, but the very day of the concert I'm coming back from a wedding and it just makes the whole trip easier on me and my girlfriend if we pass it up. Dang it :(

Sorry to double-post and bump this thread, but has anybody here checked out the prices for the shows? If so, what are your opinions on them?

Personally, I think they are quite hefty, in some cases reaching Manowar levels of over-pricing!

Also, do DT do all Seating for many of their shows? I was considering seeing them in Manchester, but the price and the fact that is appears to be all seated has put me off. I understand that with DT there probably isn't going to be lots of Headbanging and Circle Pits or anything like that, but I'd still prefer to see any band Standing rather than Seated.

That's definitely the most expensive I've ever seen DT tickets sell for here in the UK at least... I agree that seems to be pretty extortionate but then again, I've just paid £88 for an Elton John ticket!

That's definitely the most expensive I've ever seen DT tickets sell for here in the UK at least... I agree that seems to be pretty extortionate but then again, I've just paid £88 for an Elton John ticket!

Seeing him at the B2Net Stadium then I trust? It's an amazing show for the town and no doubt it will be a cracking one too!

It amazes me how people will pay through the nose to see established artists but will grumble at paying £7-£10 to see underground acts.......don't recall ever spending more than £40 on a gig ticket. There are very few acts who would encourage me to break that barrier........