Maiden news

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
From www.bravewords.com

IRON MAIDEN Tour! [Hot Flashes - 03.10.05 12:29:58]

German metallers GAMMA RAY have been confirmed as the support act for the first ten European dates of IRON MAIDEN's Dance Of Death World Tour. Gamma Ray, fronted by Kai Hansen (ex-HELLOWEEN), have been busy throughout the summer playing many of Europe’s open air festivals including Wacken, followed by a tour of South America to support their recently released Skeletons In The Closet live album.

The dates they will be opening for Iron Maiden are as follows:

October

19 - Debrecen, Hungary at Phoenix Hall

21 - Banska, Slovakia at Bystrica Sports Hall

22- Prague, Czech Republic at T-Mobile Arena

24 - Munich, Germany at Olympiahalle

25 - Stuttgart, Germany at Schleyerhalle

27 - Milan, Italy at Filaforum

28 - Firenze, Italy at Palasport

30 - Zurich, Switzerland at Hallenstadion

November

01 - Barcelona, Spain at Pavello Olympic Badolona

02 - Madrid, Spain at Palacio Vistalegre

You can only blame the shitty fucking promoters for not bringing the greatest metal band of all time over here. Also the wrong band is headlining.

The more I think about it I don't think Maiden are worthy support of Gamma Ray.

I'd caught wind of this over at the Royal Carnage forum just a minute ago...bugger bugger-fuck that we don't get Gamma Ray :mad: :(

Well, I hear that France is getting Helloween in support. So maybe Helloween might support in the UK too?

There's also mention of Judas Priest supporting on the South American leg.

With Maiden making an effort to take out decent support act, I'm sure the UK will get something good. Any guesses?

JayKeeley said:
Well, I hear that France is getting Helloween in support. So maybe Helloween might support in the UK too?

There's also mention of Judas Priest supporting on the South American leg.

With Maiden making an effort to take out decent support act, I'm sure the UK will get something good. Any guesses?

I'd love the support to be Helloween. I'd also like to see an up and coming Brit Power Metal band on the bill such as: PQ, MR, DF, SK or Intense on the bill.

Sadly my cynical mind tells me it will be some shitty nu metal band or the darkness for the UK dates :(

To be honest Blaze would be far and away the most obvious choice, but I'm sure it won't happen.

All the bands that have been mentioned have already posted their tourdates, and none coincide with any of the Maiden dates. Perhaps they're going to keep the supporting act a secret until the very last minute.

just a thought - but how about we email helloween website and ask them to come over?????Know they are playing monday in london and totally gutted that I can't go - Hull to london takes too long when you work in a school and can't take time off......but...if close by, one extra date can't be too hard,,,,??

Lydian Lady said:
just a thought - but how about we email helloween website and ask them to come over?????
Or write to Maiden and get a petition going or something. I mean, at this point, metal in the UK needs some serious 'begging for attention' by the fans. The good news is, Maiden themselves are granting bands such as Gamma Ray and Helloween to tour with them based on the country they play in. If France can get Helloween, why not the UK?

They did the same bringing Queensryche and Halford out with them to the US on the BNW tour, and Motorhead and Dio on the Give me Ed tour.

Maiden try to suit the local demographic on their tours, and so far they probably think the UK doesn't really have an opinion on it either way, so chances are they'll play it safe and bring out someone that the mainstream locals might have heard of. You know, the same crowd that Maiden would hope buy compilations like Edward the Great.

Be loud and be heard!

A petition, eh? You mean like on that PetitionOnline site? I'm not sure if either Helloween or Maiden would pay much attention to that, since they're so easy to fake results on (and the most "signatures" we're likely to get will be in the low hundreds since it's difficult to get the word out to most of the people going). However, I like the idea so I'm going to write to the websites of both bands, and I urge anyone else reading this thread to go and do the same. Also encourage everyone you know who's going to write in as well.