Dream Theater in Philadelphia Friday night...

LoneWolfMusic said:
Anyone going to see DT this Fri?

Can't wait.........love the Tower Theater.....

------------------

New Prog label seeking unsigned bands. Check us out.

www.lonewolfmusic.com
I sure wish we could go, but I can't get off from work. We saw them there the last time, and it was a great show (we were very close to the stage). Avoid the parking garage behind the Theater if you can. You get stuck on it for hours till you can leave. Have a good time!!

meedleyx10's goin. i went last time they playd there. great show. they opend up with Glass Prison :cool: it should be a good show. if i could stop puking cuza how bad Train of Thought is(mostly just the drums), i would go, but i dont wanna make the Tower Theater all smelly and stuff. i like that place too much. ...the doctor said the only cure is to see Symphony X and Queensryche on April 21st at the Keswick Theater in Glenside, PA. so im doing that.

lol, well i liked portnoy up until ToT. I really learned a lot from him. maybe i'll see 'em next time they're around here. ...maybe. i still like DT somewhat, and the band im in is covering Pull me Under for an upcoming show. not that pull me under is anything special in the way of drums, but its a good song. i meant that last post as more of a joke than a 'screw DT' statement.

I went to the 3/31 Tues. show in CT, and It was only decent. They played all of ToT except Honor thy Father [my fav song on that album]. They also played 1/2 of 6DoiT which lulled me to sleep.

as a drummer, I was focused into Portnoy for the most part - didnt impress me at all. He was tight, but he dropped his sticks like 4 times twirling them while on camera on the video screen alone [ let alone how many period]. We got In the Name of God for an encore, but last time I checked, arent encores MORE than ONE song?

and they did NOT play:
Mirror
Metropolis Pt. 1
Overture 1928
Honor thy Father
Learning to Live
Portnoy Solo
and Pull me Under.

Finally, Rudess PROVED he is the best musician in that band: and Myung, then Petrucci, Portnoy, Labrie[if he even counts].

Petrucci did nothing for me, Overrated IMO, but it could be because of the setlist. He was good , not great tho.

Still has to better than seing some dork, loser Nu Metal crap....

I am 8th row from the stage........i should have a good view.

Playing all of ToT..........must mean the sales are down.

---------------

Major announcment coming next week from Lone Wolf Music about new
releases. Excellence thru music.

www.lonewolfmusic.com

didnt they realize they were gonna lose some respect with ToT when they made it? and thank you urinal, someone else agrees with me that portnoy isnt all he used to be. he's capable of so much more. i dunno if he's done a solo in a while. i've seen 'em 3 times and no solos. rudess solos his ass off and he keeps getting better. im hoping their next album, if there even is one, will redeem them (mostly portnoy) in my mind.

Actually Portnoy did a kick-ass Bonzo solo at the Hammer of the Gods show that would give Neil Peart a run for his money. He's been doing solos on this tour too, but fortunately nothing too excessive, and mostly in the form of duets with Rudess and/or Petrucci. Drum solos are nice displays once in a while, but I'd rather they fill that time with another song (or a guitar solo). Well...time to go to the show.

I saw them in Boston last night. It was a great show.

If you ask me, it's not Portnoy, but Petrucci, that is losing it. He used to do these great soulful solos. But last night, it was just shred, shred, shred. Not just on the Train of Thought songs, either. He shredded over the solo in A Change of Seasons, he shredded over the solo in Trial of Tears, and the improv stuff he did with Portnoy was all shred, too.

Ah well, it's still probably better than me spending my Saturday night at home. Costs more though. I'll see all you folks at the NY show tonight, I should be in a my Sym X or Guardian hoodie.