Dream Theater tonight

HyalineBeing

Oct 20, 2004
Denver, CO
So this is my first thread I have made in the 2 years I have been around here. But tonight I get to go see An Evening with Dream Theater. I'm stoked for it. I hope to actually meet them after the show and get one of the 20th anniversary tour books signed for my bro in law who just got sent back to Iraq.

Cool. Dream Theater is a tight live act, but expect quite a few dull (and long) songs in the set (unless you love all their songs). I'd love to see musicians as technically talented as DT play live.

The two nights at Hammersmith UK were amazing, you should really enjoy it unless the play Octavarium it goes on for a long time.:p

I saw them at Gigantour, not the best enviornment to see them in, but they still kicked major ass. Should be a good show for you, hopefully they won't play too many long songs. Panic Attack is a killer live track.:)

I dont really like Dream Theatre (for my own reasons please dont start an arguement), and I've never listend to Nevermore...

Symphony X was on the bill? Shit I cant belive I missed that :lol:

CliffBurton said:
I dont really like Dream Theatre (for my own reasons please dont start an arguement), and I've never listend to Nevermore...

Symphony X was on the bill? Shit I cant belive I missed that :lol:
They played the second stage, and everyone kept yelling "Romeo, Romeo." Michael was so cool, when he was sweating, some guy ran up and started wiping his face with a towel, and Michael just kept on soloing. It was fucking hilarious.:kickass:

We only had one stage, it was enough. I showed up halfway though Dream Theatre. The people I went with told me no good bands were playing, and I should have clued in knowing they have terrible taste in music.

Luckily I separated from those douches during the real show and they didn't ruin Megadeth for me.

h.jpg

^^^ Hahahahaha. It was an amazing show, I got some pretty decent footage of several songs. The only part that was somewhat boring was when they played all of Octavarium. Rudess's intro seemed a lot longer then 5 minutes but when Petrucci came out with his double neck 12 string/6string guitar, that blew me away. Only bad part of the night was after waiting outside for an hour to try and meet them, they never came out. I was pretty bummed.

DSCN0518.jpg

DSCN0456.jpg

I think this is the setlist but not too sure. I can't remember things for a damn and I found this on the DT messageboard.

THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL
PANIC ATTACK
A FORTUNE IN LIES
TAKE THE TIME
LIE
JUST LET ME BREATHE
THROUGH MY WORDS /
FATAL TRAGEDY
ABOUT TO CRASH (REPRISE)
LOSING TIME / GRAND FINALE

========

AS I AM
ENDLESS SACRIFICE
NEVER ENOUGH
I WALK BESIDE YOU
OCTAVARIUM

PULL ME UNDER / METROPOLIS PT.1

Also sometime if anybody wants to give me a link to a video hosting site, I can upload a couple videos that I shot. They turned out somewhat decent, even the sound did which surprised the hell out of me.

HyalineBeing said:
Only bad part of the night was after waiting outside for an hour to try and meet them, they never came out. I was pretty bummed.

I waited forever for Dave Mustaine, he did come out, but instead of meet us he called security on us. Because we waited so long, we missed the last train home almost got stranded in Toronto

Dream theater is awsome live

i saw them last year 19/10/2005

great show, and it was preety similiar setlist to this

3 hours of pure profesionality on stage and blowing the audience away

gonna see them i think the 25th i forget but the coolest thing i saw was when portnoy and some other dude both played on his drum set and the same time, never saw it before that why i thought it was kinda cool