What do you guys think of Dream Theater?

Check out Train of Thought....are you fucking retarded?

For a first Dream Theater album, I suggest Scenes From a Memory which was released in 1999 after Derek Sherinian left and Jordan Ruddess, who did keyboards on Liquid Tension Experiment 1 and 2 joined. It's a fucking masterpiece.

If you want a harder sounding Dream Theater album, check out either Awake (released in 1994 with Kevin Moore) or the song This Glass Prison from Six Degrees of Inner Turbulance.

NP: Emperor - He Who Sought the Fire

SSJ4SephirothX said:
Check out Train of Thought....are you fucking retarded?

For a first Dream Theater album, I suggest Scenes From a Memory which was released in 1999 after Derek Sherinian left and Jordan Ruddess, who did keyboards on Liquid Tension Experiment 1 and 2 joined. It's a fucking masterpiece.

If you want a harder sounding Dream Theater album, check out either Awake (released in 1994 with Kevin Moore) or the song This Glass Prison from Six Degrees of Inner Turbulance.

NP: Emperor - He Who Sought the Fire

i think train of thought is a great and very solid album... though they definately have better, it is still definately dream theater.

Elysian893 said:
i think train of thought is a great and very solid album... though they definately have better, it is still definately dream theater.

I like that Honor Thy Father song alot off that album. Despite Lebrie trying to rap or "agressive singing" as the fanbois on the DT forum labeled it.

Honor Thy Father is a great song.

The part with the soundbyte of Magnolia in the foreground is my favorite part of the song. The background is so fitting.

Let's not forget Stream of Consciousness. Sure, it's a great song and a great album overall, but not a great introduction to Dream Theater.

NP: In Flames - Man Made God

Of course I'm not retarded. I was just guessing this guy hadn't heard DT before and since he's into metal, and since ToT is their most metal sounding album, I figured he'd get hooked by the songs on ToT first. I prefer Images and Words > all their other albums. And as Bodomite would say...BLARGH!

Elysian893 said:
you said hear, video involves seeing

They said hear, and a video would involve hearing. By mentioning video they're implying that a seeing as well as hearing would be preferable without saying

I have got to hear and see you play that! Would you mind recording audio or preferably video of yourself playing that and putting it up here?

which sounds like a fuggin essay.

Tut Ankh Amon said:
well i haven't played at all in about a year and a few months and don't even know when i'm gonna start playing again.
The best i can do is do an airdrumming video :lol:

No no no, you should never stop playing your instrument! You can reduce your practice time...to as little as 20-30mins a day, but never stop!

Elysian893 said:
you said hear, video involves seeing

Errrmm Video involves seeing and hearing.

But yeah, next time I'll ask it like Sinister said so there'll be no mistake.