Dream Theater

rvanderholst

Det var så oerhört nära!!
Feb 2, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
www.zwaremetalen.com
Hej guys, just wondering....

Is Orphaned Land influenced by Dream Theater? In songs like "Halo Dies" and "A Call To Awake" i defenitely hear Dream Theater alike structures. Thats a big compliment in my eyes, cause DT is excellent!

any ways.... just wondering.

Dead_lioness(Karen, if I am not mistaken), I was just asking..."I work for a magazine and got the promo" would be a good answer, and I would'nt be surprised at all...

U know what is my opinion... I think that DT is fucking boring and u never can campare them with Orpaned Land. All they can do its very fast play the fucking gamuts without any passions.. I know a lot of classic musicians who play better than DT and still suck, cos u need something inside ur heart for be Rahmaninov or Spivakov or Rastrapovich...
... and also I hate all this patriotic shit outta dream theatre's idiots.. "Lets bomb Iraq!" who the fuck need the war? When I been in Izrael (where my sister lived before) I talked with people and I even didnt meet anyone who was happy with endless war with arabs.

Yes nord, thats because there are no people who enjoy this fight for the land. I think that in this fight everybody`s right and everybody`s wrong at the same time. All becuase the severe intolerance that spouts out from lack of love and tolerance. I balieve that we can solve this, and the first step should be free love.

BTW, Spivakov reminds me that I hade a really good friend who`s his surname was Spivak :)

Dead_Lioness said:
doos = slang
slang you usually say for guys.

if you gonna tell me you dont know that, then i'll be VERY surprised.

euhm... doos is indeed slang, but i my opinion its used for girls, particularly stupid girls.... doos = box = female part of body, hence we use it for girls...

i did not invent it and hardly ever use this slang word. a bit degenerative if you ask me.

Dream Theater: well as i have said before taste differs. I like them and i think they are good. but thats just my opinion. And in the songs i mention i hear comparisons to the style of music they make. I also hear in the song: Mabool - The Flood a bit of the norwegian band Solefald.... but i cannot stress enough: Orphaned Land is one of a kind. there is no other band like OL, and they absolutely rule!!

Can you tell me how did we get from talking about DT to talking about war??? what's a needle got to do with an ass??? (It's an Israeli expression and sounds MUCH better in hebrew, it also rhymes) :dopey:

I love Dream Theater, they are my favourite band. They inspire me very much.

I think that they are full of passion, in spite of what everybody may say.

Good Day. :loco:

ColdDarkNord said:
U know what is my opinion... I think that DT is fucking boring and u never can campare them with Orpaned Land. All they can do its very fast play the fucking gamuts without any passions.. I know a lot of classic musicians who play better than DT and still suck, cos u need something inside ur heart for be Rahmaninov or Spivakov or Rastrapovich...
... and also I hate all this patriotic shit outta dream theatre's idiots.. "Lets bomb Iraq!" who the fuck need the war? When I been in Izrael (where my sister lived before) I talked with people and I even didnt meet anyone who was happy with endless war with arabs.

I think Rahmaninov is a great classical composer...but u didnt mention Tcheikovsky...how come?

any way, my favourites are Grieg and Vivaldi...

well, when i lived in Holland, they all said it as a slang for guys....
i dont know what to tell you.

Keynant- sorry for my "sarcasm" but he did say it in this forum already, thought you knew.
a lot of people have already listened to this album, Century Media is giving away promos like there's no tomorrow.

i have a promo as well....BUT i havent played it!

hehe im serious.
im waiting for the full cd.
:)

megamich said:
I think Rahmaninov is a great classical composer...but u didnt mention Tcheikovsky...how come?
Since there are plenty of great russian composers which weren't mentioned by nord, like Shostakovich, Prokofiev, Skryabin... it might not be so surprising.

--
Dream Theater consists of great instrumentalists, but their style isn't always for my taste. It changes from song to song. I do listen to their earlier albums from time to time (up to A Change of Seasons, which is a great song, and has quite some passion to it). It's far from being my favorite band, and the hype around the band can be a bit disturbing at times.

Can't wait to listen to Mabool. (ofcourse)