Opinions on COB & Mastadon slamming Dream Theater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JosephAcevedo

Jul 31, 2005
Las Vegas
www.myspace.com
Just something I figure I share.

I care for nothing of all 3 bands to be honest though...

Alexi Laiho of COB on Dream Theater

Excert taken from Guitar world Magazine....

In a interview with Guitar World magazine, he (Alexi) referred to popular prog metal act Dream Theater as "super lame" going on to say "It's not even music; it's sports." The magazine also referred to Dream Theater as Laiho's "favorite whipping boys." In January 2006 issue of the same magazine, reader Brad Bailey asked "Why did you make those lame comments about Dream Theater in GW? You're a fine player, but comments like those just make people lose respect for you. Did you know it caused a big stir?" to which Laiho responded "Fuck. Well, apparently it did. First of all, I think it's really funny that people trash bands and musicians every day on the internet, and nobody gives a shit. But once you say something like that - which wasn't even too bad - in a magazine, all of a sudden you're the biggest dick on the earth. But truthfully, I don't know why I said that. I was having a bad day or something. Obviously, John Petrucci is a better player than I am, and it's not my place to talk shit about him."

Mastadon on Dream Theater.....

Taken from Blabbermouth.net....

Guitar World: Let me posit something: You guys definitely have prog elements to your sound, and yet you're exciting and valid — you're cool. Why do you think you're cooler than a band like, say, DREAM THEATER?

Hinds: "Because we don't have a little Chinese girl playing bass! [laughs]"

Guitar World: Yikes!

Hinds: "And they dress all gay, too. I mean, look at them: they wear those cheesy leather pants. The lead singer especially: he's got that really gay thing going on with his hair. Plus, he sings like a fucking opera singer and shit. Their hair, their clothes, their music...They're gay."

Guitar World: Now, wait a second. Are you calling DREAM THEATER a "Brokeback" band? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Hinds: "No, I don't mean 'gay' like that. I just mean...gay. [laughs]"

Kelliher: "I think what might make us 'cool' and them 'uncool' is the lack of egos in our band. We don't try to show off our amazing versatility every second."

Why bring up stuff that is 6 months to a over year old? Alexi addressed the issue in the statement you posted and Portnoy & the main main in Mastadon have already issued statements closing the situation. This forum is not open to intentional threads to generate controversy. That's what the Reader Response on Blabbermouth is for.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.