Top 10 Reasons to see Dream Theater live...

I also love Dream Theater but find the list quite amusing .............

I'm gonna have to side with sh0kr0k in that I love the 738 piece drum kit. ONLY drum solo I don't mind sitting through :D

Bad Girl Tess said:
I'm gonna have to side with sh0kr0k in that I love the 738 piece drum kit. ONLY drum solo I don't mind sitting through :D

I also love the 738-piece drum kit, and Portnoy's one of the few with a massive drum kit that actually *uses* all of it effectively. There are drummers whose solos I enjoy more, BTW, but Portnoy uses his kit very effectively, whether it's his touring 738-piece kit, or the smaller kits he used for TransAtlantic, Hammer of the Gods, etc.

Same goes for Myung's 6-string bass. I've seen bassists using 6-strings where the extra two strings almost never got used. THEY are using a 6-string to try to show off or "look cool." Myung uses his instrument....all 6 strings...well.

Continuing the "credit where credit's due" trend, while I love DT and think they're the most talented band around and put on a GREAT live show, I gotta give you credit, Zod....that was funny! :)

Craig

I like DT, but have been known to be critical of them as well... either way, the list is hysterical IMO. Didn't y'all know Greg is a comic genius? And I'm with Britt... if I got pissed off every time someone made fun of Pain of Salvation or even Marillion... well, there'd be a lot of throwing things involved. :p

Shaye

General Zod said:
Top 10 Reasons to see Dream Theater:

10. You need to catch up on your sleep.
09. You bet one of your friends $500, during a drunken stupor, you could sit through two hours of James LaBrie singing.
08. It’s better than being sodomized by armadillos.
07. You’re gay, and you’re looking for venue with less chicks than a gay bar.
06. There’s speculation, within the medical community, that 42 minute keyboard solos may cure gingivitis.
05. For one night only, filling in for James LaBrie… anyone.
04. You thought that 738-piece drum kits were only urban legend.
03. In a “Sophie’s Choice”-like scenario, you’re given the option of watching either Dream Theater or “The English Patient”.
02. You’ve never heard anyone play a 22-string bass.

and the Number 1 reason to see Dream Theater live…

01. You are Fran Drescher and you love to hear your older brother James sing.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't care what you (fellow) Prog-geeks think...that fucking ruled, especially #'s 9 & 5.

Awesome.

Jeez. People have to take a joke. I mean, if I got pissed every time I said my favorite bands are Winger, The Darkness, Boy George, and Mariah Carey, well, I'd . . , uh, I'd . . . .

>Sniff< Stop making fun of me! >sniff<

Steve in Philly

Dream theater built the road for half the bands seen at ProgPower.

Cant wait for the NYC show! Nice Top Ten list. ;)

General Zod said:
Good to know, because the Pain of Salvation Top 10 is next.:loco:

Zod

Hahahahahahah! I double dog dare ya!
The DT list was funny, and the PoS list could be just amazing!

J-Dubya - Will get a mop for all the crying that will be done over people offended by THAT list!:Spin:

That was indeed a funny Top 10!

Dream Theater are probably my favorite all time band, and they continue to amaze me... Plus you can't say that you are not getting your $$$ worth when you see them live...

Wish I could attend the NYC Radio City show but the funds will not allow this time around. Will just have to pick up the CD/DVD...

Would not like to see them play ProgPower... They would have to take up all the slots on one of the days...