MASTODON: DREAM THEATER 'Dress Gay' And 'Have A Little Chinese Girl Playing Bass'

I like to read pitchfork reviews because they typically make me LOL out of their pretentiousness or general absurdity. here's from their mastodon review>>

some emo said:
Anyone paying attention to heavy rock knows Leviathan is held in near-religious regard in metal circles-- it's an album that tops critical checklists and makes the kids shit their pants.

o rly? I suppose I missed that memo.

but what I really liked was the closing line to the pitchfork Mars Volta - Amputechture review>>

some other emo said:
Which reminds me: Bixler-Zavala and Volta keyboardist Ikey Owens guest on Mastodon's new Blood Mountain album. Maybe they'll brainwash Atlanta's finest metal band into this kinda bullshit so the world can celebrate the crushing loss of two great bands together.

lolz, that's more like it.

jordan ruedess ALONE has more talent than mastodon. fact.
id love to see the wankers try to play half of a jp solo. try fatal tragedy. its not easy. john myungs bass solo in octavarium is amazing and quite possibly one of the grooviest ive ever heard.
yes james labries vocals sometimes boarderline on shrill, but his range cant be denied.

Ohh yea, personally I like Bran from Mastodons drumming style more than Mike Portnoy, and Im a progressive metal drummer myself. Even though Im not as keen on the last two Mastodon CD's, I still find myself reaching for Remission far more than any Dream Theatre CD in the past few years.

Definitely agree with liking Brann's drumming over Portnoy's. And even though I really don't like the last two mastodon albums, I think their songwriting is great (I just don't jive with the majority of the songs). And songwriting is the area which I think DT has failed over the past few albums.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Ohh yea, personally I like Bran from Mastodons drumming style more than Mike Portnoy, and Im a progressive metal drummer myself. Even though Im not as keen on the last two Mastodon CD's, I still find myself reaching for Remission far more than any Dream Theatre CD in the past few years.
yeh i can see where people might not dig on the last two as much with the cleaner production and more southern/stoner vibes, but i dont see how anyone who likes metal wouldnt be totally into Remission. insane drumming, brutal and melodic riffing, tons of grooves, varied vocals. there are no two ways about it, that album is THE SHIT. get it now you fucking infidels!

i really dont like Mastodon...not my thing at all...
and im one of the only humans left on the planet that likes DT...as for the interview: its pretty immature on both sides (GW and Mastodon)...
whatever...

You know what would be the most boring concert ever?

Robert Fripp, High on Fire, and Dream Theater covering Sunn O)))'s greatest hits...