Interesting remarks from Mastodon about Dream Theater

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Just saw this on Blabbermouth about some Mastodon members making interesting remarks about Dream Theater.
Here is an excerpt from the news bit:

DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy has responded to remarks made by MASTODON's Brent Hinds and Bill Kelliher in the November 2006 issue of Guitar World magazine in which they stated that DREAM THEATER "have a little Chinese girl playing bass" and "dress all gay." Hinds also went on to say, "They wear those cheesy leather pants. The lead singer especially: he's got that really gay thing going on with his hair. Plus, he sings like a fucking opera singer and shit. Their hair, their clothes, their music...They're gay."

I think Portnoy's response is really professional. I think Mastodon are a killer band, with some amazing riffs and cool rhythmic slam, but this was totally uncalled for.

there is difference in maturity between portnoy and those guys. and talent as well.

NOJE-08s00-mastodon-352_368.jpg

Brent Hinds and Bill Kelliher then added: "we are trying to hide the fact that we are gay with our horrible hair and beards. but neither women nor men like it so we just sleep with each other."

derbeder said:
NOJE-08s00-mastodon-352_368.jpg

Brent Hinds and Bill Kelliher then added: "we are trying to hide the fact that we are gay with our horrible hair and beards. but neither women nor men like it so we just sleep with each other."

actually, if that's true, it puts the case in a different perspective... bad joke I guess, but not an insult

I've already heard of this, and commented about it on a few different forums. At first I was kinda mad and my fanboyishness kicked in, but then I realized that Mastodon sucks anyway, so I felt better. It's really not a big deal.

:danceboy:

Dalkaen said:
The personalities and opinions of the members of a band honestly affect how you judge the music?
i have trouble listening to the music a dumb sack of shit made, yes