MASTODON: DREAM THEATER 'Dress Gay' And 'Have A Little Chinese Girl Playing Bass'

Fuck, if you weren't there for me to make dream theater jokes to every 10 seconds I woulda been asleep...

That and the fat ass punching my kidneys, that fuckwit!

neal said:
i have seen them (HoF) live and they were fuckin :kickass:. biggest drums ever.

Well, when I saw them, Goatwhore played first... a very exciting band, which I enjoyed throwing my head back and forth to (I don't typically headbang to many openers unless they impress the hell out of me). Then HoF came out... and after goatwhore, it was just boooooooooooring. I wanted to lay down and sleep, though I knew I'd lose my nice cozy front spot if i did. There was just no energy, no excitement, nothing. I put in some earplugs and hang my head over the barrier waiting for it to end (it felt like it went on for hours).

Then Venom came on and raped my ears with awesome.

i also saw Goatwhore opening for High on Fire and actually thought Goatwhore were really boring and wished i was seeing one of the members' former bands like Acid Bath or Soilent Green. Venom wasnt at the show i saw, but i can see where High On Fire would be out of place on that bill. who wants to listen to righteous thundering stoner metal when you can get hyped for a few bland black metal bands?! oh well, we went to the show with different wants in rockage.

EricT said:
I'd love to feel the music if it was there...

All I hear is 10 minutes of moaning and 3 notes held...

The listening experience is more passive. It's crazy good, if it gets in your head.