MASTODON: DREAM THEATER 'Dress Gay' And 'Have A Little Chinese Girl Playing Bass'

blind_cynic said:
well,speaking of gay,check out this Mastodon picture:

http://www.mastodonrocks.com/
RETORT
dream_theater_gruppo.JPG

En Vind Av Sorg said:
John Petrucci looks so bad with short hair. And Labrie looks like Fabio in that picture.
his face amlost matches his damn shirt (Labrie)

and John needs to grow his damn hair out he looks like a botard.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Thats why everyone always says that they "ruined" them, Labrie's vocals. Pretty rediculous since, like Will said, they nailed the music.

Thats exactly where I was getting at... the vocals. They were FUCKING GAY!

And the fact the bootleg I saw had video, and Dream Theater just has SOOOOOOOO MUCH ENERGY on stage...

You know where I'm going with this.

I definitely agree that GW asked them a loaded question, most likely just start some controversy. However, my point is, I think it would be to Mastodon's and any other musician's benefit not to slam their peers in a magazine, because some people will refuse to believe that they were just joking.

7GodlessTongues said:
I definitely agree that GW asked them a loaded question, most likely just start some controversy. However, my point is, I think it would be to Mastodon's and any other musician's benefit not to slam their peers in a magazine, because some people will refuse to believe that they were just joking.

Well, as I said earlier, Mastodon is far from PC, GW knew this, asked them the question cause they know Mastodon doesn't give a shit about the bad press, and there we have it.

Personally, I woulda said the same thing they did, just not something about a little chinese girl...

EricT said:
Thats exactly where I was getting at... the vocals. They were FUCKING GAY!

And the fact the bootleg I saw had video, and Dream Theater just has SOOOOOOOO MUCH ENERGY on stage...

You know where I'm going with this.

Yes Dream Theatre is boring as shit live, I literally dozed off for a moment at the show with fates warning a few years back. I've always thought it was odd how vocals make or break bands for some people though.

Also, I generally wouldnt call something "FUCKING GAY" unless it was two gay man fucking, maybe thats just me.

Well, they do for me sometimes...

And I also dozed off seeing dream theater, which is why I think so lowly of them, its just one giant wank fest.

Dream Theater is beginning to feel literal with all of us falling asleep to their live sets.

I had to miss Nevermore due to my fucking up of time scheduling, but Symphony X, in my opinion, was the most energetic band I saw...