MASTODON: DREAM THEATER 'Dress Gay' And 'Have A Little Chinese Girl Playing Bass'

Alright so in this thread we've established the following people know nothing about metal:

Mastodon
Dream Theater
Blind Melon

Good show.

Well, Dream Theater are by far my favorite band, and I already hated Mastodon before I read that interview, so those comments didn't have any effect on my listening. However, I think that even if they were joking, they still come off as unprofessional. There are plenty of bands out there that I despise, but if I were doing an interview for a magazine like Guitar World, I wouldn't say things like that.

7GodlessTongues said:
Well, Dream Theater are by far my favorite band, and I already hated Mastodon before I read that interview, so those comments didn't have any effect on my listening. However, I think that even if they were joking, they still come off as unprofessional. There are plenty of bands out there that I despise, but if I were doing an interview for a magazine like Guitar World, I wouldn't say things like that.

First off... HAHA FAG!

Second off, you can't say that guitar world isn't at fault for them having that sort of response by saying: "Why do you think you're cooler than a band like, say, DREAM THEATER?", knowing full well that Mastodon are loose cannons when it comes to interviews.

7GodlessTongues said:
See, this is what I'm talking about. People like you, except angrier, make me glad those comments were made.

Also, are those guys from Blind Melon some pretentious fuckin faggots or what?

Also also, WIMPS AND POSEURS LEAVE THE HALL.

from teh interviews ive heard and from their DVD the mastodon dudes come off as pretty goofy and not giving a fuck. guitar world pretty much asks them to bash DT so they do, probably laughing the whole time. portnay's response showed that he doesnt care, and knows that they were just foolin around becuase thats what they do. its fuckin hilarious how much the fans care when none of the actual people involved really gave it another thought. get over it people.

Pyrus said:
See, this is what I'm talking about. People like you, except angrier, make me glad those comments were made.

Also, are those guys from Blind Melon some pretentious fuckin faggots or what?

Also also, WIMPS AND POSEURS LEAVE THE HALL.
like him who? hes right

Your brain must be in a sad sad place if you consider my offhand comments a "big ol' post." Also that was the most predictable, hackneyed, wet-noodle response you could have chosen. I'm in full-on "let's pick a fight on the intarweb" mode right now, but man, you are just not worth my time.

sorry to inform all of you that john petrucci did some weight lifting and now is a krieg power metal warrior. now he can be cool like manowar (which are as good as A7X):lol:

i hope isabel doesn't read this...:kickass:

neal said:
from teh interviews ive heard and from their DVD the mastodon dudes come off as pretty goofy and not giving a fuck. guitar world pretty much asks them to bash DT so they do, probably laughing the whole time. portnay's response showed that he doesnt care, and knows that they were just foolin around becuase thats what they do. its fuckin hilarious how much the fans care when none of the actual people involved really gave it another thought. get over it people.

Dude, did you watch the 40 minute interview extra? I never laughed so hard at a band DVD ever.

Funny also, the first time I saw mastodon there was this local opener and they sucked, and on stage mastodon started completely trashing the band (who was standing in the audience near me... didn't look too happy).

"We're pretty awful and suprised people actually payed to see this crap we call music, but jesus christ those guys sucked... etc."

lordofthesewers said:
sorry to inform all of you that john petrucci did some weight lifting and now is a krieg power metal warrior. now he can be cool like manowar (which are as good as A7X):lol:

Die in a fire...

Oh and to note, Dream Theater isn't the most boring live band ever... High on Fire is... because instead of 4 guys wanking and one squeeling its just 1 guy wanking and squeeling and 2 guys watching...

lordofthesewers said:

Just go back to your cracker jack clothes, okay?