Dream Theater News

So the only forms of music you actually listen to are two niche forms of metal and then you pretend like we should care? That's pretty sad bru. My condolences. Would listen to Foo Fighters over Nightwish anyday, erryday.

PS. Nightwish is mainstream.

Not sure who you are referring to here and by the way, I also listen to prog metal:cool: I just tend to stay away from mainstream garbage.:puke:

Nightwish is pretty mainstream all over the world.

Plus, if I may suggest, take a listen to the latest Foo Fighters disc and I dare you to call it "garbage" afterwards. ;)

Nightwish is pretty mainstream all over the world.

Plus, if I may suggest, take a listen to the latest Foo Fighters disc and I dare you to call it "garbage" afterwards. ;)

Last time I checked, being signed to Warner in the US, Universal in Finland/Scandinavia, etc isn't exactly underground.lulz

Foo Fighters are awesome. Their live show puts most metal bands to shame from what I've seen. A buddy of mine just saw them recently and said they played for about 3 hours. I can't even stand for 3 hours, let alone put on one of the most energetic performances in rock music.

This reminds me of a recent thing that just happened. I was talking to my office mate, who is into 70's progressive rock like Yes, ELO, etc....and I told him I saw Dream Theater open up for Yes, and couldn't understand why people (on both sides) seemed to HATE the other band (DT guys walked out on YES, and Yes guys were shit talking about DT). And I told my office mate, I didn't get it, because they seemed to be two sides to the same coin to me. And then I played him something off Images and Words and I was really surprised when he said.....TOO LOUD, TOO HEAVY! It "hurt" his ears. Or his delicate 70's prog rock sensibilities at least. I thought both bands were great that night. Apparently I'm in the minority. But then I like Nightwish AND Adrenaline Mob, so maybe my opinion doesn't count! :Smokedev:

And as a side note, I didn't "get" the Foo's until I saw them live (opening for RHCP) and I became a converted fan, cuz they put on one hell of a great show!

So the only forms of music you actually listen to are two niche forms of metal and then you pretend like we should care? That's pretty sad bru. My condolences. Would listen to Foo Fighters over Nightwish anyday, erryday.

PS. Nightwish is mainstream.

First off, I never said those were the only two forms of music I listen to and secondly, last time I checked this was a forum where opinions are expressed. I could care less who cares or doesn't care for what I have to say. You apparently cared since you responded.

And as for mainstream, I live in the US and last time I checked, Nightwish was not on the radio or on MTV.

And as for mainstream, I live in the US and last time I checked, Nightwish was not on MTV.

Since when was MTV really Music Television?

Unless you call the recorded audio of a bunch of party sluts shoved into a box with cameras, alcohol and horny bros a form of music then sure.... Then again, I would imagine 50% of the population does consider it that.

lol just sayin.....

You apparently cared since you responded.

Other than thinking that "METAL ONLY, FUCK MAINSTREAM MUZAK" is a hilarious mindset- especially when expressed on the internet, I really don't care. sry.

And as for mainstream, I live in the US and last time I checked, Nightwish was not on the radio or on MTV.

you can't seriously be this behind the times can you? MTV? Really?

Nightwish is on a Warner Music Imprint for the USA. They make tens of thousands of dollars per night and draw thousands of people on tour in the US. I would not call them anything BUT mainstream -- who cares? Why does that matter to you?

Other than thinking that "METAL ONLY, FUCK MAINSTREAM MUZAK" is a hilarious mindset- especially when expressed on the internet, I really don't care. sry.

you can't seriously be this behind the times can you? MTV? Really?

Nightwish is on a Warner Music Imprint for the USA. They make tens of thousands of dollars per night and draw thousands of people on tour in the US. I would not call them anything BUT mainstream -- who cares? Why does that matter to you?

Not sure how this discussion got to Nightwish; I simply said I thought Foo Fighters was garbage... that's pretty much it. Whatever dude; everyone is entitled to an opinion and I've always hated mainstream crap and I define mainstream differently from others I guess. Simple as that.

Also is this really the 2nd time Mastodon was nominated? Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like they were nominated other times. I remember there's a hilarious video of some fashionista show making fun of the Mastodon guys (and the way they looked) at the show. Was kind of hilarious.

Looks like I'm late to the party/discussion, but I find this info interesting. Didn't Ministry get nominated a few years back too?

This song gave them a lifetime membership in the Metal Club:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bl08yf0hOU

First, that was rather enjoyable. Second, I believe it was Kerry King who said, after working with Sum 41, that they're basically a bunch of metalheads that just don't make metal for a living. Coming from Kerry King, I have to imagine that means something for one's Metal Club status.

I don't know about their later output, but "Does This Look Infected?" has a decent amount of metallic elements in it. It's a solid record for sure, nothing mindblowing though.

People should not be concerned that the Foo Fighters win the Hard Rock/Metal category. I think they have 7 nominations this year total (including album of the year), 8 if you count the producer nomination. They are nominated in both the "best rock performance" and "best hard rock/metal performance" (wtf).