Dream Theater Appreciation Thread

Morbid_Corpse

Commando
Aug 29, 2004
www.pinksteel.org
Dream Theater Appreciation Thread
I was listening to Images and Words today and i just realised how fucking awesome these guys actually are. Discuss how much you like Dream Theater.
:cool:

They are okay. I think the hype around them made it a real downer when I listened to them the first time. Maybe that's why I like Star One more.

Mate of mine showed me a DVD of theirs the other day. Now I finaly understand the whole wankery crap they cop so much of. It's also remarkably cheesy... I couldnt help but think of Sonic the Hedgehog the entire time, because the music was so similar to those early crappy midi tracks.

Dream Theater got me into prog music. I used to love them for quite a long time, but now I only listen to them occasionally. They've been surpassed by bands with at least equal talent and skill and much better songwriting abilities. Back when Images and Words came out, they were truly awesome but nowadays they're just one of many prog bands.

Guardian of Darkness said:
Horrible band, proving that instrumental skill means nothing.
I thought I was the only one on here who doesn't like them. I wouldn't go so far as to call them a horrible band, it's just that their music isn't my cup of tea. I can tell that they are very talented though.

Dream Theater is a great band and their newest release, Train Of Thought, is great and the heaviness is great, but the only bad thing about their new album is the rapping which are featured in two song: This Dying Soul and Honor Thy Father. Dream Theater, IMO, are cool. :D

Save for a few songs they're actually a pretty bad band...I actually prefer some of their instrumental songs because they tend to put more thought into composition than their songs which have vocals. I also can't stand LaBrie's voice.

Gotta admit though they are talented at their instruments but it doesn't mean their songwriting is on an equal level. Oh yeah and Sonic the Hedgehog music rules :D

I wouldv'e agreed with alot of the negative slack they are getting in this thread up to about a month ago. I bought Awake a year ago and said to myself "wtf is this shit?". I enjoyed ToT and was expecting much more of the same. Anyhow about a month ago I give this album another try out of the blue. I was fucking blown out of my space boots!!! I can't get enough of this album! Prog metal masterpiece! I urge everyone to give these guys more than 2 spins. If you don't like it, then so be it. Everyone has different tastes. As for me... :worship: