Urgent question

Andrei

New Metal Member
Mar 8, 2006
It's connected to Dream Theater. I have a few songs which drive me crazy, this is how awesome they are. But they are just samples and I really don't know which band is it. I could swear it's Dream Theater, (James LaBrie voice, their style), but the songs are a little too heavy for Dream Theater. In the tag it says Dream Theater - Octavarium, but I have this album and it's not Octavarium.
ANy absolute Dream Theater fan here, who could help me? One of the songs begin with the the lines "Don't want to lie to you, don't want to cause you pain, but it's all I ever do and it's driving me insane".

Would really, really appreciate your help

The more I listen to it the more I'm convinced that it's Dream Theater, or at least members in Dream Theater. Could it be a side project? The songs are quite short for DT (like 5 min) and pounding heavy metal.
Who the fuck can it be?

Holy shit! It's James LaBrie's solo album! Didn't know this guy would go for a heavy metal approach! I always tought he is the softest one in Dream Theater.

LaBrie's solo album was actually quite decent, and yes, much heavier than one would expect. That's the first album I was going to recommend you compare it to so I'm glad you beat me to it :)

Yeah, I already have it, paddy.:headbang: When I first saw the cover of the album I just didn't get it as I didn't knew they covered Master of Puppets :) It's quite impressive and seems like Dream Theater are a surprising band.

funny... Dream Theater have long been one of the least "surprising" bands out there for me. i pretty much know I can count on them to put out an album that plays face-melting musicianship against tedious songwriting with results that i very rarely want to hear!