What metal songs have blown your mind?

We're studying 1984 in my literature class right now, so I went back and listened to Queensryche's Warning. En Force continues to impress me even after hearing it so many times. Warning is an epic album.

In Flames - Transparent
Killswitch Engage - Daylight Dies
In Flames - Minus
In Flames - Black & White
Killswitch Engage - This Is Absolution
Rob Zombie - Foxy Foxy
Rob Zombie - Superbeast
Rob Zombie - Let It All Bleed Out
Evanescene - Going Under(not really metal, but i like them)
Saliva - Ladies and Gentlemen
Dragonforce - Through the Fire and Flames
Slipknot - THe Blister Exists
Slipknot - Duality
Slipknot - Virus of Life
Spineshank - Synthetic
Spineshank - New Disease
In Flames - Ordinary Story
P.O.D - Satellite

those are basically the most metal of them, i also happen to like other bands that are less metal, but nothing below rock or alternative, even that is barely anything.

In Flames - Transparent
In Flames - Minus
Rob Zombie - Foxy Foxy
Rob Zombie - Superbeast
Slipknot - Duality
Slipknot - Virus of Life
Spineshank - Synthetic
Spineshank - New Disease
P.O.D - Satellite

those are basically the most metal of them, i also happen to like other bands that are less metal, but nothing below rock or alternative, even that is barely anything.
I'm just hoping this is a phase on your journey to true metal :)

In Flames - Transparent
In Flames - Minus
Rob Zombie - Foxy Foxy
Rob Zombie - Superbeast
Slipknot - Duality
Slipknot - Virus of Life
Spineshank - Synthetic
Spineshank - New Disease
P.O.D - Satellite

God is weeping silent tears of blood. The only thing on that list that has a right to exist is Ordinary Story.

The Dragonforce is okay... but it just happens to be the most popular single off their newest release which leads me to believe that he only knows that song (I hope I'm wrong). For shame.

Yeah.
But as far as a right to exist, it's really redundant. I'll be the first to admit that that album could be the same song repeated 7 times and then a ballad. I do like the song though.

Yeah.
But as far as a right to exist, it's really redundant. I'll be the first to admit that that album could be the same song repeated 7 times and then a ballad. I do like the song though.

dragonforce :puke:

Only when I'm in the right mood, my friends; only when I'm in the mood. They are a terribly redundant band; but hell, when I want cheesy power metal they pass with flying colors. For about five minutes anyway, then I usually have to turn it off or else risk a sugar overdose.

When I first heard Dragonforce I couldn't stop listening to them. They're one of those bands that grows old fast, though.

@ Thoth-Amon: That right there was a bad opinion.:p
I don't think they're good songwriters or creative musicians, and neither do they. They're just fun. They do get old somewhat, but I put them on every once in a while and it's fine.

I think ZP has a good voice, and when they inevitably break up (they've reached their peak already, so it won't be too long) I hope he joins a good band. Urban Breed left Tad Morose...I think ZP might be a good replacement. They have a new vocalist, but...

ZP does have a good voice.

Have you seen the videos of Herman and Sam on youtube, though? They're really not that good; they make a lot of mistakes.

i always thought that church of the gauritoth by gauritoth was pretty mind blowing. for some reason i friggen love that tune