What metal songs have blown your mind?

Primordial - Empire Falls
Primordial - As Rome Burns :kickass:

The whole album is amazing, I've been listening to it a lot, and it keeps growing. Would really like to see them playing live.

Children of Bodom is solid melodic Death metal theres better bands of the genre but their still good none the less.
If at least one of the songs you listed wasn't power metal(other then Dragonforce) you are still on your journey to true metal

primordial beat their riffs to death.

they're usually good riffs, though.

In Flames - Transparent
Killswitch Engage - Daylight Dies
In Flames - Minus
In Flames - Black & White
Killswitch Engage - This Is Absolution
Rob Zombie - Foxy Foxy
Rob Zombie - Superbeast
Rob Zombie - Let It All Bleed Out
Evanescene - Going Under(not really metal, but i like them)
Saliva - Ladies and Gentlemen
Dragonforce - Through the Fire and Flames
Slipknot - THe Blister Exists
Slipknot - Duality
Slipknot - Virus of Life
Spineshank - Synthetic
Spineshank - New Disease
In Flames - Ordinary Story
P.O.D - Satellite

those are basically the most metal of them, i also happen to like other bands that are less metal, but nothing below rock or alternative, even that is barely anything.

also, this is ADORABLE.

ZP does have a good voice.

Have you seen the videos of Herman and Sam on youtube, though? They're really not that good; they make a lot of mistakes.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ch8CYgH-tQ&feature=related[/ame]
Children of Bodom is solid melodic Death metal theres better bands of the genre but their still good none the less.
If at least one of the songs you listed wasn't power metal(other then Dragonforce) you are still on your journey to true metal

For future reference, Bodom and bands like them are melodic extreme metal rather than melodic death. That said, I think they're decent but nothing solid. There are much better bands that play in the same style (Kalmah, for example).

Yeah, I like them too...

...but that video owned them. Sam really does suck at guitar. Herman does all the fancy stuff, and most of his mistakes are obscured by distortion and effects.

Dragonforce Owns but Through the Fire and The Flames is by far not their best song.

this is much funnier
[ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3497430126831956538&q=dragonforce+greatest+hits&ei=_koNSI3WEYToqgKE4fimBA&hl=en[/ame]