Is this Dream Theater leak REAL!!??!

Aug 31, 2004
I'm not talking about the "Octavarium (Premix)" thing which is supposed to be fake; there are copies of the album showing up on DC++. I just listened to the first two tracks......I'm a mega Dream Theater fan, but this is SHIT. First song sounds like new Metallica with James LaBrie on vocals......and the second one sounds straight out of the nu-metal handbook, like the first song. It even uses electronic techno drums in parts. I'm starting on another one now.....sounds the same way.

I hope this is fake......or an April fool's joke........or something. Because I didn't think they were going to go in this direction at all.

Edit: It's fake, I guess this topic is in need of closing now.

AsModEe said:
Maybe it's the new James Labrie's album.

AHA!!! I just checked out the information on that, and it is, just retitled. That's a huge relief.

So the new James LaBrie album is absolute shit, but I'm just glad it's not really the new Dream Theater album.

I'm glad that's alleviated, I guess that's what I get for letting curiosity get the best of me.

On metal-rules.com, it received a pretty good mark. Oh well, some reviewers there have really bad tastes.

Necroscythe said:
damn, why edit? let me see, even if it's faked.

I didn't change anything....just added that so people wouldn't think it was leaked. Someone changed the titles of James LaBrie's most recent album and distributed it on DC++ masquerading as the new Dream Theater album........so I downloaded some of the songs. It wasn't a link or anything.

anonymousnick-aprilfoolsclown.jpg

That's the second thread I've used this picture in today.

Apparently Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence did, as someone on the DT boards talked about downloading it before it came out.