Dream Theater new album

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Dream Theater's "OCTAVARIUM" out on June 7th, 2005!
Dream Theater have completed work on their 8th full length studio album entitled "OCTAVARIUM" which is tentatively set for release through Atlantic Records on June 7th, 2005.

The track listing is as follows:

1. The Root Of All Evil
  2. The Answer Lies Within
  3. These Walls
  4. I Walk Beside You
  5. Panic Attack
  6. Never Enough
  7. Sacrificed Sons
  8. Octavarium

I hope is better (way better!) than TOT. Most definitively I'll check it before any money exchange. Moreover considering I didn't like my fist encounter with LaBrie new solo album (that sounds a lot like TOT) I'm beginning to ger really paranoid regarding DT and their future in my collection.

Dunno, the last DT release that really impressed me was Metropolis pt.2, since then they went downwards...
They really tire me with their neverending DVDs and live albums, it only adds to my suspicion they are turning into highly sophisticated money-making machine... :erk: They once were really really great, but I can't say that for their latest efforts.

Kevin Moore, get your shit together and save the boys!

SickBoy said:
Dunno, the last DT release that really impressed me was Metropolis pt.2, since then they went downwards...
They really tire me with their neverending DVDs and live albums, it only adds to my suspicion they are turning into highly sophisticated money-making machine... :erk: They once were really really great, but I can't say that for their latest efforts.

As I posted in another thread that my assestment too, they're going the way of the dodo.

I use to love their albums and side projects, but I just hear LaBrie solo album (courtesy of Hawk:wave: ) and is far from what I expected after the Mullmuzzler albums.

As for Moore the OSI project was also highly disappointing so I doubt he can "save" DT at all, I would have more faith in Derek Sherinian. When he joint DT and afterwards I didn't thought the guy was big deal, but checking Planet X and well as his solo albums confirmed that he's a real prog warrior.
Not that Rudess is bad, his solo albums are also very neat prog stuff, but I feel that now he's more a hired gun and that Petrucci and Portnoy are calling all the shots.

Glad to hear some other people suggesting that DT are a bit overrated... I thought it was only me

I found TOT to be an OK album, it's not that bad... granted it has a lot of moments which are IMO unnecesary... but I enjoy it nonetheless... haven't spun it in a longgggg time though so it did not make a big impression on me.. but it is still OK.

SickBoy said:

Wyvern said:
As I posted in another thread that my assestment too, they're going the way of the dodo.

I use to love their albums and side projects, but I just hear LaBrie solo album (courtesy of Hawk:wave: ) and is far from what I expected after the Mullmuzzler albums.

As for Moore the OSI project was also highly disappointing so I doubt he can "save" DT at all, I would have more faith in Derek Sherinian. When he joint DT and afterwards I didn't thought the guy was big deal, but checking Planet X and well as his solo albums confirmed that he's a real prog warrior.
Not that Rudess is bad, his solo albums are also very neat prog stuff, but I feel that now he's more a hired gun and that Petrucci and Portnoy are calling all the shots.

I have to agree with the both of you. I have been a member of the DT fan club for many years. But after Met-II they are indeed going the way of the dodo :lol: So I quit my membership years ago.

They are becoming quite boring... Are they losing it? I think they are. A well, we still got Symphony X. IF you are a disappointed DT fan and don't know Symphony X. Check them out backwards! You will not be disappointed,

Hawk said:
I have to agree with the both of you. I have been a member of the DT fan club for many years. But after Met-II they are indeed going the way of the dodo :lol: So I quit my membership years ago.

They are becoming quite boring... Are they losing it? I think they are. A well, we still got Symphony X. IF you are a disappointed DT fan and don't know Symphony X. Check them out backwards! You will not be disappointed,

SyX blows Dream Theater away !!!! Haven't tried listening to them backwards yet, though! Anything like listening to Stairway to Heaven backwards?? :tickled: