Dream Theater - Octavarium Artwork and shit

Spiff said:
And who says the string isn't supposed to be shorter? Think outside the square, people. Not everything is black & white.

I bet that's what he said when he realised he fucked up too ;)

I like the idea of the DoD artwork, but that doesn't mean it looks good. They should have used the ghosts on the inside of the booklet instead of those horrid creatures. Oh well, great album anyway.

I like the St Anger artwork, it is raw, simple, and aggressive, like the album. Rather appropriate I think.

Yeah I paid $26 for Train Of Thought I think, and now it is everywhere for $10. I don't really care though, as it is one of the best albums I have ever bought. But yeah, it would be nice to pick up most things for $10. I will probably get a copy of the album before I head overseas, then pick up a real copy later on when I can afford it....maybe it will be cheaper by then.

ToT only went to 10 bucks at JB so fast because everyone bought the import versions before it got a local release. So when it come out through Warner Australia noone was buying it.

That's smart thinkin' right there. Hopefully we can hasstle Warner Australia enough to bring Octavarium out when it's actually released.

At first glance, I dont really dig the artwork. Like someone said...huge balls...Youthanasia. My first reaction was...well...looks like he whipped out some throwback stock photos from his Youthanasia work.

But...if it is revealed to be part of some larger awesome peice of work that explains the crazy short string...then that will be cool.

In the mean time here's a version I made haha

octavarium_005.jpg

But Gorey, if someone is holding the string above where the picture cuts off, then it's OK. Who says it's swinging freely of its own accord? Hmm?

Think outside the square, people!