New Dream Theater album Title & Tracklisting

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Dream Theater have completed work on their 8th full length studio album entitled "OCTAVARIUM" which is tentatively set for release through Atlantic Records on June 7th 2005.

The track listing is as follows:
1. The Root Of All Evil
2. The Answer Lies Within
3. These Walls
4. I Walk Beside You
5. Panic Attack
6. Never Enough
7. Sacrificed Sons
8. Octavarium

Dream Theater's 2005/2006 World Tour will kick off on June 10th in Sweden with a leg of European Festivals and select headlining shows which will then be followed by a North American leg throughout July/August as part of a "package" tour with several other bands TBA very soon.....

And so begins the stupid assumptions on the Dream Theater websites!

"Oh I bet blah blah wrote this song" and "oh I bet that song is about blah blah"

And best of all "I can already tell this is going to be their greatest album yet!"

Sorry, I love Dream Theater but their more hardcore fans really shit me with their attitude at times... it's no better then the fans of bands like Slipknot and the like, but they like to considering themselves so much higher then everyone else!

But fuck... This band must be the most productive band in the world. Train of Thought came out Nov 03 and now this one is already done and ready... In between have been numerous tours and a live dvd/triple cd as well as side projects from JP and James, plus all the official bootleg cds/dvds.....

Dream Theater :headbang:

Blitzkrieg said:
They better play a good set!

When have they ever not?! Besides foolishly playing the monstrosity of mismatched Atari soundtrack noises that was Six Degrees Of Inner Tuberculosis it's entirety..

Yeah, they could pick better things from 6DOIT to play, but in general their sets are great. I just hope if it is a shortish set for the festival it still features enough awesome stuff, and with a new album out they will drop a lot of the ToT material, which I love.

Celestial-Todd said:
And so begins the stupid assumptions on the Dream Theater websites!

"Oh I bet blah blah wrote this song" and "oh I bet that song is about blah blah"

And best of all "I can already tell this is going to be their greatest album yet!"

Sorry, I love Dream Theater but their more hardcore fans really shit me with their attitude at times... it's no better then the fans of bands like Slipknot and the like, but they like to considering themselves so much higher then everyone else!

You get fans like that for almost any band... check out the maddox article on U2 for example, most entertaining.