1. The Root Of All Evil
2. The Answer Lies Within
3. These Walls
4. I Walk Beside You
5. Panic Attack
6. Never Enough
7. Sacrificed Sons
8. Octavarium

The artwork and layout for this album was done by the great Hugh Syme.

as they're saying on SOT 2 (I don't know why I bother going there...)

but yeah... the fourth ball has a shorter string than the others.

Once you notice that, you can't stop.

I actually think that is pretty good, and could be really cool if the actual packaging design was interesting. Like a digi case of some kinda slip or something... Like Tool did with Lateralus.

MP seems very happy with it and thinks it is the best artwork for any DT release, so who knows. Might be cool when actually have it in your hands? And at the end of the day, DT are known for their sick ass music... Not their skills with a paintbrush or photoshop :)

Spiff said:
Hugh Syme is a genius, you fools. Respect him as such.
If he is so good, then why does he do stuff like the artwork above? Meh.

I don't really give a crap if the artwork sucks or not, but can still have an opinion on whether I like the look of it or not. I think the artwork for Awake is rather shit, but the album is f'n awesome.

I like the artwork, it's maybe a little sunny looking but there could be a reason behind that, and as for the ball cord thing, that is annoying, but i'd say it was intentional, afterall if the guy is so good he would hardly fuck that up now, would he.

He's a genius, I tells ya. There is no off position on the genius switch. Look at his work with Rush, fer crying out loud! Permanent Waves! Moving Pictures! Test For Echo! He's a genius!

And who says the string isn't supposed to be shorter? Think outside the square, people. Not everything is black & white.

I don't mind the artwork...have seen much worse. St Anger anyone?

I'm gonna wait till this album is $10 at JB, like Train of Thought is. I paid bloody $28 for that.

Yeah it's horrendous. So amateurish, and baffling that they chose it.

St Anger's isn't bad, but surely they could have come up with something a lot better? Oh well, doesn't matter.