Dreamland – Eye For An Eye

TheWyvern

Oct 22, 2006
Dreamland – Eye For An Eye
Dockyard1 – 260085620289 - out now
By Dan Fisher

Dreamland.jpg

"This is the kind of metal album that genre fans can put on as background music while taking care of other work. It strikes me as music that you can groove to but does not require the strictest of attentions."

This amusingly phrased review was awarded to this album last month. I always shudder when I think about what 'work' the reviewer was taking care of: was he/she a mafia hitman?! Seriously though, the passage hits the nail on the head when describing another carbon copy band who want us to take song titles like 'Carousel of Pain' and 'Forever and Ever' seriously. Everything is played perfectly and the production is ace but I honestly wouldn't be able to distinguish these from a host of other power metal bands. Dreamland's advertising claims that they are 'back with 11 heavy, pulsating anthems that will make you sing not only in the shower for days.' If you substitute the word 'sing' for words such as 'cry', 'wail', 'dispair' and eventually 'be found hanging', they would have been more accurate.

Official Dreamland Website
Official Dockyard1 Website