Dreamtale doing big things in Finland...

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Finnish metallers DREAMTALE have entered the Finnish single chart at position No. 9 with their latest single, "Wellon". View the whole chart at this location.

DREAMTALE's third album, "Difference", is scheduled for release on April 8 via Spinefarm Records. The follow-up to 2003's "Ocean's Heart" was recorded at Timo Tolkki's (STRATOVARIUS) Goldenworks studio with Tolkki producing and s mixed at Finnvox studios by Mikko Karmila.

"Difference" (view cover here) track listing:

01. Lost Souls
02. Wings of Icaros
03. New Life
04. Lucid Times
05. The Mirror
06. World's Child
07. Sail Away
08. Fly
09. Secret Door
10. We are One
11. Green Fields
12. Powerplay (Bonus)
----------

Has anyone ever heard this band before. I downloaded a couple songs by them awhile ago and I found them to be pretty cool. I wanna look more into them and maybe pick up an album. Could this be a possible band for Prog Power 6?

Dreamtale rocks! I would love to see them at PP6! I'm not counting on it though...

Their first cd, Beyond Reality, was one of my top 5 favorite cds of 2002. I wasn't as fond of the second but I'm definately looking forward to the new cd.

Rezz

I have their debut. Been meaning to pick up their second and maybe their third too.

Nightwish's Marco sings with them in a couple tracks on the debut, and they cover a song from "The Rock" by Hans Zimmer and Harry Gregson-Williams *Amazing soundtrack*

Farewell's the best song on the first album IMO...

I think that the only problem I heard their first album was that they were kind of cliche for power metal. Still, the production killed. I think thats one of the perks of Finnish bands, you always know their albums sound great. But I'll be sure to check out #3.

I have Ocean's Heart and I thought it was a great album. I never heard the first but i'm gonna definitely try to find it now. I loved the Atlantis theme and melodic tone to the album a lot. Their use of keyboards is really unique and there are so many standouts on the album. This would be a great band to play Prog Power one of these days. Not the most popular Finnish metal band but one that I think could turn a lot of heads.

My disappointment with Ocean's Heart was mostly due to how much I loved the first album. Beyond Reality was still in heavy rotation in my personal play-list when Ocean came out and I didn't think it lived up to the first one. If I had never heard the first one I probably would've loved Ocean's Heart.

I agree that Farewell is the best track on the first cd, although The Silent Path and Where the Rainbow Ends aren't far behind IMO.

Dreamtale is the new direction of Melodic Epic metal, young, energetic with lots of promise, i was recommended this band by EWO Nightwish's manager and i havent been disappointed.