Dredg

Dan, I am going to check them out next next Friday here in SF , great band! I echo they are awesome, and good call guys!

NP Dredg : Bug Eyes

they're awesome..1 of the most addictive bands for me in the last 6 mos. CATCH WITHOUT ARMS may be the album of the year. i missed the show with Coheed and Cambria a few weeks ago due to flash flood warnings and it being Rosh Hoshannah..but they only played for 30mins anyway. Saw back in May and was floored however.

Great to see more people getting into them. They even showed up on Jimmy Kimmel's talk show last month.

Kyle

Soundscape said:
they're awesome..1 of the most addictive bands for me in the last 6 mos. CATCH WITHOUT ARMS may be the album of the year. i missed the show with Coheed and Cambria a few weeks ago due to flash flood warnings and it being Rosh Hoshannah..but they only played for 30mins anyway. Saw back in May and was floored however.

Great to see more people getting into them. They even showed up on Jimmy Kimmel's talk show last month.

Kyle

Addictive is the word--Catch Without Arms. Great album. I missed their show too, but I've heard they play around the bay occasionally, not sure if they headline, but that would be cool to see a longer gig. Was an interesting article in a local freebie rag called Zero "the mag. for the zero decade", that was quite intriguing.

Kristin
Viadragon, flying without wings

Hey these guys are great!!

Kinda reminds me of Mars Volta but more melodic. I will have to get this CD...

Anyway, thought I would give a brief Enchant update... We continue to work on demos of new material and we are pretty excited about how it is sounding. I think the new stuff will be different, yet still distinctly Enchant. Hopefully it won't be too long until we have enough together to get an album to y'all!!! We're workin' on it!!

Anyway, thanks for all your continued interest...

Sean

thanks for checking in Sean!...I've been wondering what was going on with the band of late..last year a live CD and DVD..this year touriing Europe in the Spring..I fig something must be happening..great to hear we have some new stuff to look fwd to!

an yeah..Dredg do remind people of The Mars Volta..just not as excessive in their jams, etc..more concise..but I heard the fanbases between the 2 bands crossover a ton.

Kyle

It's funny I think they're less twisted than Mars Volta. There are some common points indeed but to me they're less crazy and I kinda dig this rather than Mars Volta. I'd rather put dredg beside muse than Mars Volta.

I heard They'll be playing live in Paris next december, i'll be there, definitely.

By the way Kyle Shana Tova man ! ;)

NP : Dredg - catch without arms

Another dredg-lover here.
I thinke CWA is one of my absolute favorites. I dig every song on this album.
Beautiful melodies, interesting voice, cool riffs and fair portion pathos make this album really unique (the same for el cielo). I wouldn't compare them to any other band i know.

Greetz,
Heiko

p.s.: Thx Sean for the brief enchant update. News on what you are doing at the moment are always welcome!

Ze Dan said:
It's funny I think they're less twisted than Mars Volta. There are some common points indeed but to me they're less crazy and I kinda dig this rather than Mars Volta. I'd rather put dredg beside muse than Mars Volta.

I heard They'll be playing live in Paris next december, i'll be there, definitely.

By the way Kyle Shana Tova man ! ;)

NP : Dredg - catch without arms

yeah happy new year to you too :) ..apples and honey..actually I have this weird thing. I've been addicted to apples lately, mainly cuz they have these bags of like 12 at the grocery store for like $3. Anyway, the CATCH artwork for some reason reminds me of apples and fruit, so I often play it at work when I have my apple in the morning..call me weird :p

Kyle

So I picked up the Dredg album and I think it is great. Everytime I pick up a CD I make it a point to check out the special thanks and the production credits and all that stuff and I noticed this album was produced by Terry Date and Chris DeGarmo is credited as co writing one of the tunes. Very interesting... anyone know more about the connection?

I read that producer Terry Date brought Chris Degarmo and the band together. But he only observed the pre-production, gave some hints and helped to get "Ode to the sun" and "Spitshine" to perfection. It seems he did quiet a good job on the last point. :)

And when you say the album is great then wait till you heard it more often. This album is (despite its straightness in some ways) a real grower.

Cool info!!

It is good to see some of the more established musicians helping out newer bands.

Nice Ben Folds quote by the way!! I love that line!! "Rockin the Suburbs!!!"

sean

sflanegan said:
Cool info!!

It is good to see some of the more established musicians helping out newer bands.

sean

Sean, have you checked out their album before Catch called "El Cielo"?

In my opinion, MUCH better. Maybe not as 'mature' as CWA but still amazing and very emotional

sflanegan said:
Yeah, I know that some of you guys are really into Ben's Music. This year at your gig in Reichenbach - Germany I wore my Ben Folds shirt and was quiet surprised when both, you and Doug, said: "Nice shirt, we love Ben Folds." :)

back to dredg.
PeruvianTide said:
In my opinion, MUCH better. Maybe not as 'mature' as CWA but still amazing and very emotional
I think they're hardly to compare. Maybe for me el cielo will, in the long term, be the better album because it's more experimental and innovative.
But at the moment I think that Catch stands above just because I listen to it more often. :headbang:

Greetz

I am pretty certain Terry Date was involved with Dream Theater and/or Rush. I'm thinking WHEN DREAM AND DAY UNITE. Also possibly Fates Warning..but I may be thinking of another Terry, Terry Brown actually.

Kyle

btw..I like Ben Folds..just have not pursused a ton of his stuff. But when I have heard it I liked it I recall.