Drifting and Tilting

winters epilogue

Senior Lurker
Aug 27, 2004
Massachusetts
jeremytyarks.com
Found this when checking up on Scott Walker. Would love to go...of course I'd love to go even more if Scott was going to perform the material...

Anyways, for those interested:

Scott Walker is an enigma. The archetypal pop star turned recluse, he's acknowledged to be one of the most important and adventurous musical pioneers at work today.

Taking place this Thursday, Friday and Saturday (13th, 14th & 15th), Scott Walker is hosting Drifting and Tilting, a unique show at The Barbican in London. The shows are the world premiere of live performances of songs from Scott Walker’s monumental albums Tilt and The Drift and is destined to be one of the major musical events of 2008.

The song-cycle has been been set and designed for the Barbican Theatre stage, with the music being performed by a 42 piece string orchestra playing alongside Walker’s band. Furthermore, although Scott won't be appearing on stage himself, he has called upon a heavyweight cast of vocalists, musicians and dancers for the event; among them, Damon Albarn, Dot Allison, Jarvis Cocker and Gavin Friday.

In a rare interview, Scott spoke to The Observer about the event, his career and why these two albums show a different side to his craft; "Essentially, I am attempting the impossible over and over, trying to find a way to say the unsayable." To read the interview in full, please click here.

wow! a smiling picture of Scott!

those concerts sound immense it would be incredible to see! Your right though it would have been better if he was singing...obviously

I wonder if he won't go onstage because he is obsessed with not "re-living' the songs