Top 10 albums by solo artists

Two more that just came to me that I *have* to add:

Daniel Lanois - Acadie
Mark Knopfler - Sailing to Philadelphia

And yeah, I know I don't have to justify my non metal albums. LOL. Just trying to explain why I like 'em. :)

^Mentioned Secrets of the Beehive by him in my first post. Incredible artist tbqh. The album that he made with Fripp is quite good and it's called the First Day iirc.

i love joe pass, hes my favourite solo artist by far. joe pass is 0% wankery and 100% pure jazz. he plays with such feel and composure, never overplaying or shredding, just saying what needs to be said and it sounds great. i think his duke ellington cover album was just great, and recently ive been listening to his album 'chops' with niels pedersen...both fantastic players, im tempted to check out more niels pedersen.

definetely recommend joe pass if ur a fan of the chord melody style, he was far and away the best at it. i think theres some instructional videos for sale/youtube as well. 5/5

mikael akerfeld -mikael akerfeldt greatest hits (including burden, isolation years, z1-reticuli and benighted!)

Anna Ternheim - Separation Road
Ass - My Get Up and Go Just Got Up and Went
Coldworld - Melancholie
Devin Townsend - Ocean Machine
Ihsahn - Angl
José González - In Our Nature
Leviathan - Massive Conspiracy Against All Life
Martin Grech - Unholy
Martin Grech - Open Heart Zoo
Martin Grech - March of The Lonely

This thread doesn’t really have a point but at least it’s a bit different.

The idea is simple. Write down a list of your top 10 favorite albums by solo artists. Try not to repeat the same artist, make your lists as diverse as possible.

My list:

Tom Waits – Rain Dogs
Leonard Cohen – The Songs of Leonard Cohen
Fiona Apple – When the Pawn…
Joni Mitchell – Court & Spark
Jeff Buckley – Grace
David Sylvian – Secrets of the Beehive
Chris Isaak – Wicked Game
Nick Drake – Bryter Layter
Mike Johnson – I Feel Alright
Scott Walker - Tilt

SHIT LIST

Lmfao yeah It doesn't have metal on it so it's automatically pretentious..and you're right, I should not try to be eclectic, because being a narrow-minded cretin like you is waaayyy cooler.

Don't worry though, there is no chance i'm taking someone like you seriously, I'm just insulting you because it feels good and you deserve it.

Lmfao yeah It doesn't have metal on it so it's automatically pretentious..and you're right, I should not try to be eclectic, because being a narrow-minded cretin like you is waaayyy cooler.

Don't worry though, there is no chance i'm taking someone like you seriously, I'm just insulting you because it feels good and you deserve it.

I have more eclectic and better tastes than you smaller minded sub species.