Drum machines vs. live drums on V records

I hope the new vintersorg's drummer can play the songs of VFTSG and TFB like asgeir. I hope too the new bassist be so talented as Steve di Giorgio (or equally creative).

if the new album is like the older ones, the technique doesn't matter so much, but the speed do.
It seems like the change in style is secondary to V's apparent wish to continue working with the same musicians in both the studio & live onstage... and I can't imagine he'd hire a drummer who couldn't play the early material. What a shame it would be to see Vintersorg play and not hear anything from Visions or The Focusing Blur!

They've already played live after those albums and they didn't omit songs from those albums. There's live footage of songs from those albums with Benny drumming.

Excellent, then my assumptions are validated.

I guess my real point was just that I personally don't see him recording with musicians who weren't up to the kind of standard we're used to, and I don't think that's even something one needs to worry about if they're musicians who've already spent a great deal of time playing with him.