DRUM RECORDING ! - PICTURES

Apr 9, 2004
hey guys spent the last 3 days locked out at the studio recording a metalcore's band EP , they're called left ablaze

pictures :

P1010179.jpg

P1010170.jpg

P1010176.jpg

P1010170.jpg

P1010169.jpg

P1010181.jpg

Unfortunately i gotta help make drummers sound good by cheating !

Regards

Roland Lim
Aussie Assault Studios ,Perth

well never tried the v drum snare but we have one. just the kick and at the same time not seperate. its pretty cool for seperation purposes, no more kick in the snare mic.

Why used the v-drum snare? just to not have the sound of the snare in the hi hat and in other mics?

sorceron said:
well never tried the v drum snare but we have one. just the kick and at the same time not seperate. its pretty cool for seperation purposes, no more kick in the snare mic.

Thanks.
Ever had any resistance from narrow-minded drummers?
I´m not a drummer fan... the major part I know don´t even care about changing the heads, tuning... they don´t pay attention to the fucking hi-hat!

Steve Albini once said: "If they came up with a negative microphone where you could suck it out of the record, I would put one up on the hat most of the time."

hey guys , we actually tracked eveyrthing as per usual , but using V kicks and snare

i muted the kicks and judged the takes based on what he played with his hands , then got him to redo only the kicks ( the snare was just to help him keep time while he was airdrumming the rest )

only reason was cos he wasn't nailing his kicks well and it would be a huge waste of time and effort for me to record if his stickwork was all fine

we used v drums because he doesn't hit his snare with a lot of power ( due to his complicated parts ) and because he does a bit of blastings and lota intricate snare rolls we just went with it

sinister , i'll post a clip up when i'm done with the edits

theblackmoon said:
Thanks.
Ever had any resistance from narrow-minded drummers?
I´m not a drummer fan... the major part I know don´t even care about changing the heads, tuning... they don´t pay attention to the fucking hi-hat!

Steve Albini once said: "If they came up with a negative microphone where you could suck it out of the record, I would put one up on the hat most of the time."

our drummer was all into the idea actually ha. he says it felt alot like a real kick with the mesh head and all.