Drum replacement

Fionn McC

Sound Engineer
May 19, 2007
Torpoint, Cornwall, UK
www.myspace.com
Which drum replacement tool do you guys recommend, I have used sound replacer and find it a bit basic! Has anyone used drumagog or TL's Drum Rehab, I have BFD so drumagog looks good for me... Any comments on either would be cool, cheers Fionn

I have drumagog and BFD. They work AWESOME together and I would definately recommend drumagog if you're planning to use it in conjunction with BFD

cool. i forgot i'm using PT so the VST ones are out, i think its gonna be drumagog, but i was thinking its for reinforcement and kick replacement so variation is really not the thing i'm looking for, so why use bfd... bfd automatically varies every hit! I want the same sample each time especially for the kick and to lay under the original snare sound! I mean bfd would be useful if I was rec-ing a really shit kit but for reinforcment it seems pointless!

cool. i forgot i'm using PT so the VST ones are out, i think its gonna be drumagog, but i was thinking its for reinforcement and kick replacement so variation is really not the thing i'm looking for, so why use bfd... bfd automatically varies every hit! I want the same sample each time especially for the kick and to lay under the original snare sound! I mean bfd would be useful if I was rec-ing a really shit kit but for reinforcment it seems pointless!

...you can always but FXPansion VST to RTAS wrapper... pretty self explanatory... also allows you to use ANY VST you want in PT.

...you can always but FXPansion VST to RTAS wrapper... pretty self explanatory... also allows you to use ANY VST you want in PT.

Don't those wrappers cause problems and crash sometimes? I would rather use a native rtas plug than get involved with an emulator, though I've never tried a wrapper. Battery 3 works good for layering.