Drumagog drum replacer?

adriencreator

New Metal Member
Dec 12, 2011
Anyone know If the drumagog drum replacer (or any drum replacer) is an adequate replacement for triggers? I really don't want to drop the cash on more drum equipment.. I already have mics and everything.. I think the answer is obvious, I just want to make sure I'm making the right choice.
And to add to that, is there anything recommended more than the drumagog replacer?

personally I'd buy slate digitals triggger over drumagog. I've never had any luck with that plugin,but to be fair I havn't used the newest version.

I really don't want to drop the cash on more drum equipment..

Isn't Drumagog the same price if not more expensive than Trigger? I'm not sure i understand what your asking here.. unless what your planning is getting drumagog for free? :err:

That said, i tried both briefly and greatly preferred Trigger. I bought trigger and use it quite often to enhance/replace drum tracks. So far i haven't had any issues with it.

Used Drumagog for a long time and then got apTrigga, then switched to Slate's Trigger back when it came out. I'm never, ever, using Drumagog again.

Drumagog has always given me problems, lately it has such a high latency that i'll have to print the tracks and move them back to their original location.

Though you could turn your drum hits into midi and use superior drummer, though it takes some time and you only have sd sounds.

Oh I see.. Trigger by slate? So there isn't any issues with the program or anything like that? That's all I'm really looking for is a reliable program with a great lack of failure.

There doesn't seem to be plug in hosting however, does anyone know if that's possible with Slate Digital Trigger?

Used Drumagog for a long time and then got apTrigga, then switched to Slate's Trigger back when it came out. I'm never, ever, using Drumagog again.

Yep yep yep yep.

I thought about upgrading to drum agog 5 so I wouldn't have to manually correct everything; then looked at the price; and bought trigger.

It seems like most of you are comparing Trigger, with the old version of Drumagog - that's not quite fair. ;)

Anyone tried tried Trigger up against Drumagog 5?

What's not to like about Drumegog 5?

It seems like most of you are comparing Trigger, with the old version of Drumagog - that's not quite fair. ;)

Anyone tried tried Trigger up against Drumagog 5?

What's not to like about Drumegog 5?

Drumagog 5 sucked when it came out. Maybe they have cleared out allot ofthebuggs now but Trigger is flawless and is very reliable.

Trigger isn't flawless, but it's pretty good. Newest patch has some horrible midi bugs + live mode isn't all the time accurate. We are using Trigger @ rehearsal space with Akg D112 and Ddrum triggers (with different bands / different drumkits) and it works with both quite well.

Actually, he asked if Drumagog (or any software replacer) is an adequate replacement for physical triggers. Looking at that as a solution for replacement alone, rather than getting physical triggers AND a replacer plug-in.

Actually, he asked if Drumagog (or any software replacer) is an adequate replacement for physical triggers. Looking at that as a solution for replacement alone, rather than getting physical triggers AND a replacer plug-in.

Was gonna post the same, he asked if drumagog was a good replacement for triggerS.

The answer is yes, although triggers would give you more acurate precision, Trigger or Drumagog work totally fine directly on microphones tracks.