pro tools sound replacer vs. drumagog

MX582

May 20, 2006
Katy, Texas
does anyone know if their are any major differnces between these? ive been using the demo version of sound replacer so ill have to buy it soon but its like $400 and im pretty sure i saw drumagog for like $200-$300ish. sound replacer is pretty easy to use..is drumagog just as easy and what are the benefits?

MX582 said:
does anyone know if their are any major differnces between these? ive been using the demo version of sound replacer so ill have to buy it soon but its like $400 and im pretty sure i saw drumagog for like $200-$300ish. sound replacer is pretty easy to use..is drumagog just as easy and what are the benefits?

hi

in the studio that im recording with my band we use sound replacer on pro tools le

i think that with sound replacer you dont have to many problems with the touch of the drumer in a cuick fill or something strange with drums... and also the sound of the snare is the sound that your drumer have when he hit it ... got it?

when i use drumagog 3.5 in cubase i have ALLOT of drama with those quick fills and cuick hits with the snares and toms.. it seems that with sound replacer you dont have that kind of problem

pd: can i use sound replacer in cubase? where i can download a demo?

As far as I know, Drumagog is the more versatile one (someone might correct me here though...)

If Drumagog is cheaper, I'd say go for it. It seems to have more features than sound replacer.

The problems with quick fills etc. are only an issue if you don't know how to use it properly. There are processing settings that you can adjust for it to capture more intricate hits at the expense of CPU power.

yea the thing i like about sound replacer is its so simple and easy to use and its right inside protools i dunno if im gonna get drumagog if people are having some problems with it..its not like im doing anything crazy with replacing anyways, pretty much just adding a new snare and bass into the mix

id say drumagog.

we run tools over here and have sound replacer too,
it can only use 3 samples ( 1 for each dynamic level) which is really quite shitty, and makes things sound way to robot for my liking

drumagog is way way way more versatile, you just have to take more time to get the settings right; but when you do... good lord is it awesome

and no you cant use sample replacer in cubum

drumagog is a no brainer on this one. sometimes you gotta work more for the quicker stuff to be perfect but in the end the product is just better with random hits and way more velocity dynamics. one thing that is nice about sound replacer is that its visual though.

I have used sound replacer for about 2 years, and Drumagog for about 2 weeks now. Drumagog kicks sound replacers ass. Way better at catching rolls and ghost notes, and at keeping them sounding somewhat "real" still. You can watch and listen to what is being replaced instead of just looking, then having to audiosuite it. I would say the only thing sound replacer has is that you can audiosuite a file quickly, whereas in drumagog *I think* you just use it as a plug in then adjust for latency, then I record the track out so I don't have a track that is 50ms off if I need to edit a few spots.

I'm using Aptrigga and I like it a lot. It's easy to set up. Guess you can do a lot of more things in Drumagog, I never tried it. But if you want something very simple and basic, try Aptrigga. You can do more "advanced" stuff with it as well, if you want.

tgs said:
I'm using Aptrigga and I like it a lot. It's easy to set up. Guess you can do a lot of more things in Drumagog, I never tried it. But if you want something very simple and basic, try Aptrigga. You can do more "advanced" stuff with it as well, if you want.

hey where did you get aptrigga?? i wanna try it...

works for cubase?

sorceron said:
wow that is cheap. how does it compare to drumagog though?
I´ve tried drumagog for the demo evaluation period and I liked it a lot, then I bought the aptrigga and i think Aptrigga is very cool also. There´s multisamples, eq-pass and dynamic tracking (lev mod), filter mod and pitch mod. There´s also many triggering modes like dynamic range for the multi samples and random triggering. You can also pitch the samples.

I think Aptrigga is very competetive compared to Drumagog, definitely worth 35 euros.

Aptrigga is great for what it's worth..

Just try the demo, or buy it for around 30 bucks.. very easy to use, it's not drumagog no, but looking the price/quality difference, it's worth looking into..

Never tried soundreplacer once, but i love what drumagog does for me so far!

felipe-x said:
hi

in the studio that im recording with my band we use sound replacer on pro tools le

i think that with sound replacer you dont have to many problems with the touch of the drumer in a cuick fill or something strange with drums... and also the sound of the snare is the sound that your drumer have when he hit it ... got it?

when i use drumagog 3.5 in cubase i have ALLOT of drama with those quick fills and cuick hits with the snares and toms.. it seems that with sound replacer you dont have that kind of problem

pd: can i use sound replacer in cubase? where i can download a demo?

I'm glad I read this. We use cubase and were considering using drumagog.

We mostly are interested in getting a more clear and cnsistant kick drum sound. It seems like every track we record sounds different since we stopped using a danmar pad.

Id Drumagog is a pain in the ass for cubase, we may just go back to the danmar pad on our next CD.

Thanks for the info:Smokin:

oh.... lemme edit in one more thing....

Did you guys notice how many people who use drumagog were in the top 100 drumers list? I'm not quite sure if I think they should be able to be considered if they are using tech to iron out their licks. JMHO.

I dont think alot of people use it to "iron our the licks". I think most people use it because they want a triggered sound. Its not as if they were talking about beat detective.

3200 said:
I'm glad I read this. We use cubase and were considering using drumagog.

We mostly are interested in getting a more clear and cnsistant kick drum sound. It seems like every track we record sounds different since we stopped using a danmar pad.

Id Drumagog is a pain in the ass for cubase, we may just go back to the danmar pad on our next CD.

Thanks for the info:Smokin:

oh.... lemme edit in one more thing....

Did you guys notice how many people who use drumagog were in the top 100 drumers list? I'm not quite sure if I think they should be able to be considered if they are using tech to iron out their licks. JMHO.