Slate Digital TRIGGER Drum Replacer - Now Available

Alright, so in the manual it says that the developers found a way to do MIDI Out independently of the host, which would circumvent any errors such as those we experience in Cubase with the MIDI output being offset to the actual hit. The manual suggests Q4 might be the release date for such an update. Has any progress been made towards this thus far? I'm really keen because audio-to-MIDI is the only way I'll ever use Trigger on larger projects.

Why is it that people moan like bitches on heat?
I have followed the Slate threads here regarding trigger and fg-x and have to honestly say that although there has been overwhelming support for Steve and his products and feedback from users, there are also a bunch of haters,for small minded pathetic reasons.
Look around us,look at the tools we have,look at the power at our fingertips from forums as such and developers like slate.

Feedback is good constructive feedback damn good......criticism for small things just plain boring,

it comes across as a bunch of ungrateful bitches that need red raw ass check slapping, to bring them back to there senses.

I've just downloaded 1.5 and I gotta say that range-thingy is a GREAT idea!
About the supression thing: wouldn't it be possible to just have a key-in for that instead of having to use it on a stereo bus etc (well, I know it's necessary in Cubase to do it that way, but PT for example CAN do proper sidechaining).
would be way more usable then

I've just downloaded 1.5 and I gotta say that range-thingy is a GREAT idea!
About the supression thing: wouldn't it be possible to just have a key-in for that instead of having to use it on a stereo bus etc (well, I know it's necessary in Cubase to do it that way, but PT for example CAN do proper sidechaining).
would be way more usable then

same goes for logic, good point!!!

VST3 can do side-chaining too.

The stereo bus thing can be a bit awkward at first, but if you just go through and set-up a drum-to-MIDI template session as I have, with all the stuff pre-routed, it's all good. I basically just put my audio on the right tracks, arm record on the MIDI and then do a pass through the track. There is so much leakage suppression that the chance of something going wrong is minimal.

VST3 can do side-chaining too.

The stereo bus thing can be a bit awkward at first, but if you just go through and set-up a drum-to-MIDI template session as I have,

yeah, but that's exactly the problem I'm having with trigger..
I don't wanna go through loads of workarounds to make a plugin work.
I just wanna slap it on my track and be done with it.

I don't think that's possible with a tool like Trigger. Unless they make a stand-alone program with all the suppression pre-routed, it's always going to be a bit of an involved process. That's why I made a template once and won't have to again.

I don't think that's possible with a tool like Trigger. Unless they make a stand-alone program with all the suppression pre-routed, it's always going to be a bit of an involved process. That's why I made a template once and won't have to again.

can't see why not. key in and everything's sorted

Nah, in logic you can simply click on a track and choose it to sidechain, so this would be no problem at all.
But after some sessions I´m confident that I wont have any problems with grouping everything to get the best results out of the noise supression... .

On the other hand trigger worked perfectly for me as a standard plugin on the channels (only used it on kick and snare so)

Just not sure why you guys would want to bother your brains with triggering while undertaking a creative process such as mixing. To me converting it to MIDI is the most rational way, because once my mix is loaded, it's all been pre-triggered and I can just focus on the right-brain, creative stuff, rather than having to route, worry about thresholds, retriggers etc. etc. Simply feed the MIDI into the samplers and start blending custom samples.

Just not sure why you guys would want to bother your brains with triggering while undertaking a creative process such as mixing. To me converting it to MIDI is the most rational way, because once my mix is loaded, it's all been pre-triggered and I can just focus on the right-brain, creative stuff, rather than having to route, worry about thresholds, retriggers etc. etc. Simply feed the MIDI into the samplers and start blending custom samples.

that's exactly my point.
with aptrigga I don't have to worry about all tat...just like midi, I slap it on a track and am done...
I don't wanna have to fanny about with a plugin and workarounds to make it work, I wanna be creative

Yup, in reaper sidechaining is piss easy, been doing it lately while demo'ing the softube dyna-mite.

So which DAW is hindering the progress ?

Anywho, +1 for normal sidechaining in trigger.

I dunno guys, for me, I just put Trigger on an audio track, choose the first sample I want to use for the project, make a pass through while recording it to a new track, go back and punch in any parts it didn't get quite right where I can tweak the settings exactly for that section, then once that's done I have my sample track done and in place and Trigger is taken off the original track never to see it again. I will probably never ever use the sidechain feature, it's very painless to just punch in a section that didn't Trigger 100% accurately originally and just use new settings. Once I have one track created from the source track, every sample I intend to blend after that gets Triggered from the new replaced track so there isn't any bleed or problems anyways.

Not worth buggering around with MIDI, it's braindead simple to just do it all from the audio in the first place. Unless the drummer is so bad that he isn't even articulating his hits at the right velocities and you need to manually adjust that stuff? I dunno, no problems here using it with no suppression and no MIDI.

That's the thing though, once the uber-session is pre-routed you never have to do it again. My process is literally to load that session up, import the audio, and just print straight onto the MIDI tracks... all of it, kick, snare, toms etc. all in one pass. It's a huge time saver, and knowing I won't have to waste time during mix set-up of a session doing that stuff is invaluable for me.

If I had an assistant to prep my samples and mix sessions for me I may feel differently, but this way... as a sole operator, to separate the editing and mix processes entirely is immensely liberating I've found. My mixes certainly improved once I adopted an attitude like that.

That's the thing though, once the uber-session is pre-routed you never have to do it again. My process is literally to load that session up, import the audio, and just print straight onto the MIDI tracks... all of it, kick, snare, toms etc. all in one pass. It's a huge time saver, and knowing I won't have to waste time during mix set-up of a session doing that stuff is invaluable for me.

If I had an assistant to prep my samples and mix sessions for me I may feel differently, but this way... as a sole operator, to separate the editing and mix processes entirely is immensely liberating I've found. My mixes certainly improved once I adopted an attitude like that.

yeah im with you buddy.
i Really like using Massey DTM to trigger trigger.
I just have so much more control over things.

Uhm....finally I'm doing some test with trigger and instrument editor. I tried to create my own multisample file so I open instrument editor, I selected a single row and 5 column, I loaded my 5 samples into the cells and I saved my instrument with a new name.
I went into Protools, loaded trigger in my kick track, loaded my instrument and.........no sound. If I load one of the single wavs I used in my instrument it works, but my file doesn't. Very weird.
It also freezed PT when I tried to clear a cell.
I don't think I did something wrong creating my instrument...the procedure is so easy so....

edit
With another session it works like a charm, also my instrument. :D

XeS.. glad it works!

Folks, you should have received an email about Trigger Platinum 1.6.. fixed a few minor bugs and the Logic buffer bug!