Drum samples for you. Mapex M Birch.

Trevoire520

Mar 24, 2007
Fife, Scotland
Hey all, just thought I would give up some drum samples as there have been so many good ones being put up lately, I felt like giving a wee something back to the forum :)

I recorded these about ohhh, 2 years ago. The kit is a Mapex M Birch with stock heads on the toms, I think the snare and kick had been changed but I can't remember what they were changed to.

Snare Top - SM57
Snare Bottom - E906
Tom 1,2,3 - SM57
Tom 4 - D112
Kick - E602

Think I used a Evans muting ring on the lower 2 toms, might have just been the floor.
Falam slam pad on the kick. Pretty sure it was wood beaters.
All through a Soundcraft Spirit Studio desk into a Alesis HD24.

No processing on these, just sliced up into individual hits and exported the close mic's for using during duff hits in editing.
I might post the multitrack files if I get time so you can mess about with the room/overhead mic's and stuff.

I realise these aren't as good as what alot of people put up here, but maybe they will be of use to someone. I quite like the snare personally.

Here's the link:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1949675/Johnny - Mapex M Birch.zip

Enjoy :)

No problem guys, let me know if you get any use out of them :)

I remember the toms from my last drum session were pretty nice (though the snare and kick stunk) so I'll probably dig them out later and post them here too :)

Erkan wrote : "As good or not as good as others' samples... doesn't matter! They can still come in handy. Just downloaded and put into my library... it is hard to have TOO many samples so thank you!"

YES, and it's particularly difficult when you're a newbie (as I am) and when you don't know how to use these samples in a sampler sofware to create a good useble drums set ...

Maybe, this thread is not to place to ask for that BUT are there some general rules that can be applied to use these samples with any sampler software ?

Is there a guide explaining how to use these samples to create one "drums set" usable in a sampler sofware like neXoft LoopAZoid or Fretted Synth SoftDrum LTD (free ones...) ?

What's the difference between raw samples and processed samples ?

Some samples posted here are very long samples, how can we use them (we have to cut them ?)

Sometimes, there are several samples for a same element (kick or snare), is that what you're calling multi-sample ? And, how can there different samples from a same element can be used with a sampler software to create a drums set ?

... I know... I'm a complete newbie... :oops:

Sometimes, there are several samples for a same element (kick or snare), is that what you're calling multi-sample ? And, how can there different samples from a same element can be used with a sampler software to create a drums set ?

... I know... I'm a complete newbie... :oops:

Yeh dude check this:heh:

Thanks ALOT for the samples, you don't happen to have more samples of the snare?

As good or not as good as others' samples... doesn't matter! They can still come in handy. Just downloaded and put into my library... it is hard to have TOO many samples so thank you! :D

"As good or not as good as others' samples" thats exactly why I like them! I blend snares like this with the Slate snares, since they can sound a bit TOO polished (if you may), to make them more down to earth and more personal!