Drum School, Very interesting!

urinalcakemix

man who plays drum
Jun 7, 2003
Wallingford, CT
Visit site
Here is a video I just checked out, its a professionally shot instructional video for drummers, and its bound to be able to teach something to someone whos interested/just starting out, to even the best of drummers.

Its a Finnish video, with English subtitles, and Im sure everyone will have an appreciation for this.

Theres a couple of highly intensive drummer jokes in here, I'll clear them up a little later.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4976078012243566668&q=double+bass+drumming&pl=true

hehehehe

Bryan316 said:
How do you drummers play the toms when they're perfectly flat? That seems so very strange to me....
Flat toms are a fad these days, made famous by Travis Barker (Blink 186), its ergonomically dangerous to your hands and wrists. A lot of 'emo' bands do this, with the flat toms, I like them ALMOST flat, but on around a 20-30 degree angle towards me.

The 'broken' cymbal - that one is a Zildjian ZXT Trashformer, it was MADE like that, he didn't bend or break it.

Also notice how badly out of tune his drums are (LOTS of muffling on muffled heads to begin with).