Iron Maiden announce full details of LAD dvd !

DREAMASTER

Iron In The Soul
Apr 1, 2002
PORTUGAL
www.metal-rules.com
Finally available on DVD for the first time, EMI Records are proud to announce the eagerly awaited release of the Double Disc DVD of LIVE AFTER DEATH, the legendary recording of Maiden's four night stand at Long Beach Arena, California, in 1984. In the shops 4th February 2008 (5th in the US), the release will coincide with the start of the band's "Somewhere Back In Time World Tour" on which they will recreate many of the aspects of this original and spectacular show.
Disc one contains the recording of this full 90 minute concert. Originally filmed on 35mm, the footage comes alive on DVD resulting in a visually stunning film that far outstrips the usual live video of the '80's. The disc carries two sound options - the original concert audio specially mixed into 5.1 Surround Sound by Kevin Shirley, Maiden's producer since 1999, plus the original stereo sound track by Martin Birch, the band's producer from 1981 to 1993. Originally released on video in 1985, this has been largely unavailable for the past 20 years
Disc two has Part 2 of the 'History of Iron Maiden', continuing on the Maiden story from "The Early Days" DVD, along with rare and unseen bonus footage in the form of BEHIND THE IRON CURTAIN, ROCK IN RIO '85, and 'ELLO TEXAS, all in all giving a total running time of well over three hours. Plus of course the photo galleries, relevant promo videos, artwork galleries, tour dates, tour programme and other features which all combine to make Maiden DVDs a very special and utterly comprehensive treat for their fans.
Manager Rod Smallwood explained "The original video of Live After Death has not been readily available for a long time so its good that we finally got around to this. lt was one of the first full concerts to be filmed after the advent of video and of course the live album, recorded on a different night to the video, has long been considered to be one of the seminal Metal live albums and has sold millions since. Fans have been begging us to do this DVD for some time now but we wanted to wait until we were able to recreate that whole tour to go with it and also to make it part of a series of DVDs that we are putting together around the band's history. And of course we are making sure that now we have got to it we will be giving the fans everything we can find from that period!!"

pack.jpg

FULL LIST OF CONTENTS
Disc 1 -- LIVE AFTER DEATH
Live After Death concert with Stereo and Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio (90 minutes)
Set list --
Churchill Speech/Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
Revelations
Flight of Icarus
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Powerslave
Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Iron Maiden
Run to The Hills
Running Free
Sanctuary

Disc 2 -- DOCUMENTARY / BONUS CONCERT FOOTAGE
1.The History of Iron Maiden -- Part 2 (60 mins) -- Documentary.
Band members, crew, friends and associates talk about the period in the band's career which saw the writing, recording and release of the Powerslave album, and later Live After Death, and the subsequent massive touring. And not just the serious side!!
2. Behind the Iron Curtain ( 57 mins approx) Documentary and Live -- shot during Maiden's historic tour of Poland and other parts to the Eastern Bloc in 1984 featuring interviews, live and offstage footage capturing the atmosphere of this remarkable journey behind the Wall at the height of the Cold War.
3. Live Footage - Rock in Rio '85 (50 mins approx)
The full Maiden set supporting Queen on the first day of the first Rock in Rio in front of 300,000 manic metal fans. A bloody and stirring performance!!
Songs performed include Aces High, 2 Minutes to Midnight, The Trooper, Revelations, Powerslave, Iron Maiden, Run To The Hills, Running Free
4. Ello Texas -- 15 minutes -- Interview and live. Caught by a film crew in 1983 at the Alamo and sound checking their show in San Antonio.
5. Artwork Gallery, Tour Programme, Tour dates and photo gallery
6. Promotional clips for Aces High and 2 Minutes to Midnight
Subtitles for All documentary footage --
PAL version -- English HOH / Dutch / French / German / Italian / Swedish / Portuguese / Spanish
NTSC Version -- English HOH / Brazilian Portguese / Latin Spanish

More info here: http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=688

:kickass::headbang::kickass:

Here is the trailer:
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=30...207308628&hl=en

Or

http://www.ironmaiden.com

Finally available on DVD for the first time, EMI Records are proud to announce the eagerly awaited release of the Double Disc DVD of LIVE AFTER DEATH, the legendary recording of Maiden's four night stand at Long Beach Arena, California, in 1984.
:kickass:

It was 1985 not 1984. And I hope 'arry isn't re-editing it, if he is, I'll stick with the DVD-r of Live After Death I got from Brazil.

i got the brazil one too - i'm sure with the choice of two sound options plus the extras all fans will find something to enjoy \m/ hell yeah \m/

Yeah the Brazil one is the original... if Steve tries to edit again...oi! hehe
Regardless I'm totally psyched for this! Specially the extra material.

However I'm sort of mad as hell that Maiden England isn't included on this.

It seems the "Golden Years" tour/dvd is goinf to be splietd in two.

So this one focus on Powerslave/LAD and the next History dvd/tour will focus on SIT/SSOASS w/ Maiden England concert on dvd :kickass:

It seems the "Golden Years" tour/dvd is goinf to be splietd in two.

So this one focus on Powerslave/LAD and the next History dvd/tour will focus on SIT/SSOASS w/ Maiden England concert on dvd :kickass:

But does this mean that the "History of Iron Maiden" DVD collection will be a 5 part series instead of 4? (I smelling the "milking procedure")

There was never a specific number.

Remember that they still have the period 1990-1993(with 3 concerts Hammersmtith 1990, Donington 1992 and Raising hell 1993), than 1995-1998 with the Gothenburg 1995 and Sao Paulo 1998) then 1999 reunion.

So, i guess from LAD ownwards there will be sepate releases: 1988(maybe includes some concert footage of the SIT tour), 1990, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1998 and 1999 and the story will end here.

Out of this series we will get the dvds from the history tours that are being filmed but this will happen really later in the bands career. Maybe when the bands ends.

There's two pro shot S.I.T. shows that I know of...One from Philly...I can't remember the other... possibly from Sheffield or Japan. There's also a single camera show from Paris recorded from the sounboard with a direct feed so the sound is great....Especailly Bruce talking to the audience in fluid French.

We'll probably get one or two these and maybe a few 7th son shows as well...Maiden England plus whatever.

I am seriously pumped up for this after I saw the trailer!

I have the Sony VHS tape as well as the Brazil DVD, and they certainly tided me over until the time that I knew that Maiden would actually do it "right".

To have all of those extras aside from the DVD itself is just the cherry on top of a six-foot high sundae.

I am getting this DVD on release day come hell or high water. I never get albums or DVDs on the release date, because I can usually wait for it. But this video concert has always had a special place in my heart ever since I convinced one of my high school friends to part with the tape he recorded off of MTV back in 1985. It's still #1 on my list of concert videos/DVDs after 22 years, and I haven;t seen anything that could top it.

Which is a shame because I *tried* to like Rock in Rio and Death on the Road, and all they gave me was headaches. Though I have the PPV of Rock in Rio which was MUCH better.

And of course all of this is jazzing me up for the summer tour in the States, because they always come to Detroit. They get a great turnout every time.

*rubs his hands together with glee, acting like he's 16 all over again*

So this is the follow up to the early days dvd? About time too. Eagerly awaited.

I have seen them 3 times in the last year and it just isn't ever enough. I can't wait for Edwina and the girls to show up this side of the pond either.

'Arry only lives in Harlow which is about 45 minutes from my house and I have never ever met him. I should bloody well go over there :headbang::loco::lol: