Drum set on the cheap...

alan1990

Oct 17, 2007
Petoskey, Michigan
Im looking to learn the drums, Im not a beginner i would say i can play along to most of the music i listen to but im not the greatest either. Im looking for a kit that would be number 1 cheap but also sound as good as possible, I also tend to not like the sound of pearl drums so any recommendations would be nice. also i already have some cymbals and a double bass pedal so keep that im mind

oh and almost forgot something around $1000 would be awsome

good luck, i've had troubles looking for cheap kits that sound good. however.... my drummer has the nicest sounding Sonar kit that i dont think was too much.. i'm not sure. look at sonar kits:) try not to budget yourself too much, its the wood and all sorts that has to be nice not just the skins being in tune.

How about the DW sublabel, Pacific, also known as PDP? They have quite a nice kits for about a thousand and the SX snare with wooden hoop I once heard live was one of the best sounding livesnares under 1500€ that I've ever heard. And IIRC the drummer said that the snare cost only like ~300-400€. Doesn't work for metal, but more than awesome for rock.

SX-Wood-Hoop.jpg

Mapex, check for second hand Sonors (a lot of them are better build quality then today's drums) and my personal favorites: RMV. Seriously, these are the best sounding drums I have ever heard.

I've been a Tama guy for about 7 years. They don't sell Tama Rockstars anymore, but their new Superstar series really smokes. PDP drums are really nice too.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=d_NpDRdajno[/ame]

You can buy almost the exact set without the cymbals at a cost about 1000$.
Now i dont know the right words in english, but there is 3 "racktoms", 2 flortoms, 1 snare and double bassdrums.
Although, they sound kinda pearlish(but thinner ofc.). ^^