Drum software advice...Ez drummer vs SD vs SSL etc

vejichan

Dec 29, 2011
I am primarily a guitar player. I'm looking for easy to use simple click and go drum software. I play from VAn halen/80's shred/lynch/vai/satch all the way to dream theater, evergrey, periphery.
What do you guys recommend? something not so complicated but will do the job.

thanks

so the ez drummer with the metal machine expansion will do all that i ask?

btw the link to the ez drummer is that the full complete ez drummer? pretty good price! also do i need to download ez drummer in order to use metal machine?

thanks

I've tried them all except for SSD and the Metal Machine for EZX is the first one that actually works straight out of the box for me.

I'll have to second SSD, even the EX version is very versatile though it usually requires some mixing to get it right, very affordable. Haven't tried metal machine but it seems to have a stunning reputation around here (figures, right?:loco:).

If budget isn't a problem you might as well pull the trigger on SSD platinum or SD2 + some expansion (Evil drums, metal machine etc.), listen to some demos to give you an idea of how their sound and potential.

I would definitely get ez drummer with the metal machine expansion. Very simple to use and sounds great. They both can be bought cheap right now. I would be on the lookout for black friday sales.