Drum video from my new studio. Nautral tones

brianhood

No Care Ever

I just moved to a new building in downtown Nashville. TN. Recording a new Gideon single this weekend, and we decided to make a quick drum video. The drums are DW Collector's series. Just used the mic tracks in this video, no samples. I'll be adding some samples over kick\snare in the actual song, but I figured natural would be better for video purposes.

ps. the video wouldn't load for me unless i switch it to 480p or 720p, so if you have problems, try that.

Last edited by a moderator:
What heads/mics are being used? Whole kit sounds very good.

Also, is it on carpet or tile?

Wow, this dude shreds but also has great feel! Very nice tones man, I don't think it needs samples at all :)

Sounds fantastic! Looks to be about the same size as the drum room I'm building (12 by 10). If it's smaller even better! What overheads did you use?

Anybody else notice the left crash doesn't sound when he hits it at 1:28?

Drumtracks were edited, we're not hearing the actual performance being watched.

These sound awesome, Brian - I really dig that snare and don't think I'd use anything but a sample of that snare itself if I were mixing and didn't need any extra ring or anything.

It sounds awesome overall, but i think you might wanna check with a sub........the amount of sub-lows you've got going on in that kick is crazy, i'm talking live-PA-with-a-bass-addict-engineer levels!

Oh my fucking god, I know I'm like your weird fanboy about everything you do but this is absolutely amazing. That snare is perfect, and he's solid as hell.

Sounds nice.

I agree though. The snare sounds dull. No need to use samples but maybe try a trans designer, or parallel comp.