Drum Werks Bay Area NKI

mistermikev

New Metal Member
Feb 22, 2013
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ry4gmxkl301j6tb/BayAreaKit.zip?dl=0

above is a link to an .nki for the Drum Werks Bay Area kit. If you've bought the kit or were planning, this will map it out in "Mostly GM Compliant" format and add some features.

It'd be best if it were unzipped into the 'kontakt' folder of the kits folder structure. Obviously it requires you to have the drum werks bay area samples (def worth the price of admission IMO).

The script (although admittedly complicated) has some nice features for blending notes, randomly cycling between notes, different views for mixing, random velocity humanization along with inverse volume compensation, random micro-tuning, mute/solo, velocity curve... "I could go on".

pretty small download (just .nki and resources) so hoping my dropbox account doesn't get clobbered, but if anyone would like to re-host that'd be great.

Feedback appreciated in advance.

cheers,
mike

jeez, tuff crowd. thanks for the overwhelming response! j.k. I get it... topic just doesn't generate interest like it used to. Either way, I hope no one minds me taking another stab at you...

in case you are one of the few/proud/brave that use kontakt for drums... the script here can be used with any sample set assuming your groups are attached to the gm notes I use (30 - 60?).

the script has a config page where you can reset the structure... then hit all relevant keys, and it will learn the groups attached to the notes.
this will yield features like mix-via-note#, mix-via-drum-type, mix-via-ambient-layers(mics)...
you can adjust vol/vel/pan/tune in any of these mix views.
random tuning, ghost notes, velocity-with-volume-compensation...
presets for setting up pan/tuning/volume/velocity
a velocity response table
swapping notes at random (if selected), layering notes can be combined with swaps...
"but wait there's more!"

anywho, here's a vid demo of the same script but used on some other drum werks/beta monkey products.

Yeah I think a lot of people don't either own the kit and/or use Kontakt. But I hope that everyone who does will get something good out of this. :)

well, thank you for your responses gentlemen. I do appreciate and acknowledge that.
fwiw, this script can be used with any kontakt kit with notes in the 30-59 range...
I've used it to build lasse, erkans, tw, sneap, salamandar, etc...

again, I appreciate the response