Drumagog Tips?

Grave Desire

Mar 10, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
I've just purchased drumagog over the past week and everything has been working great except with my snare drums.

I've been duplicating the track and processing the duplicate with 100 percent of the sample i'm using.

the problem i'm having is that sometimes hits just seem off, causing phase problems, especially with grace notes or other small hits.

anyone here have any good tips who use drumagog? is it better to have have it on psycho-acoustical or actual peak mode when auto align is on?

any tips would be helpful.

Try recording the replaced signal. That will give you a lot more flexibility.

This is how I just started doing it, I take the original track, put drumagog on it and put the output of the drummagog track as the input for another track, then I record the drumagog onto the new track adjusting as the track calls for. Then I consolidate the whole thing to one file, and slide it over to match the original file. (normally about 5ms or something else really small. I just do it because I can. I don't NEED to) Good luck.

If I am not mistaken "phase" would not be the proper wording. Phase has to do with time varients on the same source. Because in essence the trigger track and the snare are two diffrent sound sources you are not dealing with phase. Just simply two diffrent tracks not lineing up perfect.