Problem with sample in Drumagog

A.D.I.

New Metal Member
Dec 22, 2008
Chambéry, FRANCE
www.myspace.com
Hello,

I'm working with drumagog for a band, and I have a problem with the samples sound.
It seems that I lost low end on all samples when I replace hits.

In fact, when I push audition button, I have the real part which have low end, and when I apply the replacement, there is non more low end.

The samples are all taken from the original track, so I don't understand...

I use drumagog in this case to write the track in midi, align it to grid, and then re-record the tracks with the samples.

I've frequently used drumagog, and never notice this problem...

If someone could help me, it could be awesome...

Thanks

-You need to phase align all your sample before make a gog
-replace
-check all printed track sample and re align phase for out of phase element

Editing is the key (for get a great base for a mix and of course for brain failure:lol:)

Each kick sample for exemple need to be in phase with itself and other... Sample need to start at same time with other... I try to post a screan shot tomorow

1:
1.jpg

As you can see we have two snares samples. Look in phase like any others samples you choose for made a gog no?

2:
2.jpg

Zoom in

3:
3.jpg

As you can see, locator is put on first sample wave begin (you can put locator where you want, I use waveform begin by personal preference btw). But second sample wave begin isn't at same place. Out of phase...

4:
4.jpg

Drag second sample for get phase alignement.

5:
5.jpg

Cut second sample

6:
6.jpg

Now both sample are in phase with other and you can feel happy (for moment).

Do you do this for each snare/sample hit in the whole song?
...a lot of work... I would replace all the hits and use just the samples...but extant the dynamic.

Do you do this for each snare/sample hit in the whole song?
...a lot of work... I would replace all the hits and use just the samples...but extant the dynamic.

How my god, no:lol:

I start by choose all my sample for each elements (kick, snare...etc). I do what I describe and I create my gog.

I replace with drumagog (with Joey technique for less error)>bounce all my track

After bouncing I check all my track and correct small % of out of phase alignement (cause drumagog still miss some alignement:puke:).

But I heard that Collin replace every single hit manually (probably false but nobody can't comfirm this for moment, Colin if you are still around:lol:)...

And for add a little bit, here a Joey quote about how get less error with drumagog:
YOU MUST SET THESE SETTINGS IN THIS ORDER
(drumagog will turn auto align ON when you switch certain settings)

advanced tab, triggering engine: advanced, latency slider all the way to the right

auto-align: actual peak
optimize for: "bass drum / general use", switch this to snare on snare tracks duh

auto sample rate conversion: on

main tab, bottom right hand corner section:

dynamic multi samples: on
random multi samples: on

everything else OFF, INCLUDING AUTO-ALIGN -> OFF

now when your wave form peaks, drumagog plays a sample

Sorry for my frenchy english btw:lol:

How my god, no:lol:

I start by choose all my sample for each elements (kick, snare...etc). I do what I describe and I create my gog.

I replace with drumagog (with Joey technique for less error)>bounce all my track

After bouncing I check all my track and correct small % of out of phase alignement (cause drumagog still miss some alignement:puke:).

But I heard that Collin replace every single hit manually (probably false but nobody can't comfirm this for moment, Colin if you are still around:lol:)...

And for add a little bit, here a Joey quote about how get less error with drumagog:

Sorry for my frenchy english btw:lol:

I do something similar when bouncing - I assume you guys are TRACKING with live mode though?

Thanks for your answers...

So you're talking about aligning the phase between the real track and the new track with replacement,isn't it ? But it's in the case you blend 2 tracks with different samples ? If I delete the real track and use only the one with replacement, there is no more problem ?

Thanks for your answers...

So you're talking about aligning the phase between the real track and the new track with replacement,isn't it ? But it's in the case you blend 2 tracks with different samples ? If I delete the real track and use only the one with replacement, there is no more problem ?

Je parle bien d'aligner les phases entre chaque samples avant la creation des gogs, puis apres le remplacement. Peu importe que tu gardes ta piste de base ou non;)