SD2.0 with Drumagog?

BeëlzeM

New Metal Member
Nov 14, 2007
So how is Superior Drummer 2 with Drumagog? I've been using EZDrummer with Drumagog for a while now and I'm kinda done with EZDrummer, mainly because of the limited amount of channels, and I hate the old EZDrummer samples bleeding in through the overhead and room mics.

You can't import custom samples directly into SD2.0, can you? Or can you filter the default kicks or snares etc out of the overhead or room channels?

I want to know it's that big of an improvement before I spend another couple hundred euro's or so on it. I've found EZDrummer and Drumagog together not really living up to my expectations.

the only way i can think of importing samples into SD2 is to rename the current samples in the library and "trick" superior into thinking its loading the right samples. other then that you can output SD2 as multi-outs and on each channel load up drumagog or aptrigga and trigger it off externally.

and yes you are able to filter bleed for each microphone in SD2 - example on your kick microphone you can set how much snare, toms, oh's etc etc etc comes through that microphone and that goes for all the other mics too as well as the room mics - the fx built in are pretty nice too, a trans shaper, comp, filters, gates etc.

its a pretty good package

Another question? Can you for example make seperate channels for open hi-hat hits and closed hits? Same with ride hits and the bell.

Also, can I use the same MIDI tracks that worked with EZDrummer for SD2.0?

lol i was almost sure they were in WAV formats - where is the location of the files on mac do you know? so i can check? because i cant remember what folder they installed into

I think it was something like the whole idea of S2.0 is that there's no WAV samples, but the samples are compressed to a much more compact format and S2.0 keeps decompressing them in real time.

im almost sure i seen the samples on my HD and they were .wav's - thats really bugging me now - unless i was getting it confused with another library because i have so many samples on this mac

so whats toontracks new audio format if its not a .wav ?

BeëlzeM;8707483 said:
Another question? Can you for example make seperate channels for open hi-hat hits and closed hits? Same with ride hits and the bell.

Also, can I use the same MIDI tracks that worked with EZDrummer for SD2.0?

all the MIDI is inter-compatible. even if it weren't, you can use ezplayer free as a real-time MIDI wrapper between the two.

all the bleed can be turned on/off, or not even installed to begin with.

if you want to use an external kick sound, i suggest "exploding" the MIDI track so that you have a separate kick MIDI track and just send it to aptrigga or something. that way, superior won't even be playing a kick. most DAW's have an "explode" function, depends what you're doing.

im almost sure i seen the samples on my HD and they were .wav's - thats really bugging me now - unless i was getting it confused with another library because i have so many samples on this mac

so whats toontracks new audio format if its not a .wav ?

DFHS1 was wavs, S2.0 is NOT. I don't remember the file extension, and you specify where to save the files so I dunno where yours are, but it's kind of like kontakt .nik files, where it's a huge mass of shit that the program itself uncompiles.

just route the kick track (or whatever) out of the SD2.0 mixer to a separate track in your DAW and slap drumagog on it, usually works fine. although i'd still recommend making separate MIDI files instead. which DAW are you using?