problems fast hits with drumagog/aptrigga...

Sep 15, 2008
hey,
i have a serious problem with drumagog/aptrigga.
i make a midi file with my drum song. i open nuendo and apply superior drummer to my drum midi track, i choose multichannel and, in the snare track, i apply vst drumagog.
when i play separated hits, drummagog and aptrigga work well but when i play fast hits, it doesn´t recognize them well and it needs hits...

example:
-> my snare with superior drummer
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?k1iydyut1tz
-> drumagog apply to this track with snare sample
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ykdwjltjmau

bad!!!:erk:

i would like to fix this problem, because, now, i´m using battery 3 with samples because drumagog doesn´t work well.

i wait for your help

Eloy,

Drumagog is seeing the exported snare track, correct? If so, that's your problem, what you want to do is copy the midi track or break the snare part off, and send just that to drumagog. There's a midi input on drumagog that you have to set to the right note so it recognizes the midi. The samples will trigger much more accurate this way instead of sending the audio of the SP snare into it. Hope that helps you out.

hey!
i send screenshoots...
i import my midi track into nuendo, apply superior drummer 2.0 to midi track and choose multichannel for different drum parts.

snare sound in 3 channels.:O i think that top(chanel2), bottom (chanel5), room all (channel6). where i apply drumagog? in channel 2?
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=nw1kgedqqjj&thumb=4

i apply drumagog to channel 2 and this my settings (images):
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=imgwfz4ztzm&thumb=4
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=oye0tnzvmzx&thumb=4
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=2zekjd4mmum&thumb=4

how do i choose midi input? before, i choose midi input but doesn´t work.:(

help please,
i send midi file too here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4zzgdozkffy

i would like fix this problem and i can to make drums with drumagog finally.:(

Hey, joining the thread here, I'm having the same issue (on fast kick drums) with drumagog (it does not hit as the recorded drum), but on my real recorded drums. do you have some idea of how to fix it ?

another way i work round it, is just to quickly edit out the actual hits from the bleed and trash the bleed. doesnt take long, doesnt need to be pretty, but it means you can set the threshold lower without false triggering

i dont know how to solve this problem...
first, what track do you apply drumagog/aptrigga???

i have midi track with snare hits (fast) and i have to apply drumagog to this midi track directly or apply superior drummer to midi track and then, in different superior drummer tracks (you can see this in my screenshoots) apply drumagog/aptrigga???? that is my first important question.

2º - if you choose second option, where apply drumagog, what track?
superior drummer/ez separate snare in 3 tracks, sd top, sd bottom, sd1176...
i dont understand nothing...

:erk::erk::erk::erk:

Deaf Ear -> how do you make with midi? i apply superior drummer to midi track and then, apply drumagog in different superiordrummer tracks...

could somebody explain to use correctly drumagog with superior drummer?????

From Chapter 9 of the user's manual.

1. On Drumagog’s Advanced tab, choose MIDI Input enable.
2. On the MIDI port drop-down box, choose “Internal port”.
3. Choose a MIDI note and channel.
4. On your audio application, create a new MIDI track.
5. On this new MIDI track, choose “Drumagog” as the MIDI
output. If you’re sending MIDI to Drumagog from an external
device, choose the appropriate MIDI input port on this track.
NOTE: While Drumagog’s MIDI Input is enabled, Drumagog
will not trigger on any audio itself. Please remember to disable
MIDI input before continuing to use Drumagog for normal
audio triggering.

From Chapter 9 of the user's manual.

1. On Drumagog’s Advanced tab, choose MIDI Input enable.
2. On the MIDI port drop-down box, choose “Internal port”.
3. Choose a MIDI note and channel.
4. On your audio application, create a new MIDI track.
5. On this new MIDI track, choose “Drumagog” as the MIDI
output. If you’re sending MIDI to Drumagog from an external
device, choose the appropriate MIDI input port on this track.
NOTE: While Drumagog’s MIDI Input is enabled, Drumagog
will not trigger on any audio itself. Please remember to disable
MIDI input before continuing to use Drumagog for normal
audio triggering.

i dont understand well...

i want to triiger my ezdrummer sounds...and then...i export midi track and apply ezdrummer to this track and i get ezdrummer sound in my midi track.ok.
how do i use drumagog with this?
i have fast snare hits, how can i trigga snare ezdrummer with drumagog using midi too????
please,help

Well, what you want to do I think is copy the midi track that the drums are programed on, then send the SECOND one to drumagog. After that, select the midi note, on the advanced tab in drumagog, that is used for the snare on your midi track. Then the same midi will be triggering both of them, and you can turn the snare track down in EZ drummer. I really don't know how to be more clear about it without being in the room with you.

Well, what you want to do I think is copy the midi track that the drums are programed on, then send the SECOND one to drumagog. After that, select the midi note, on the advanced tab in drumagog, that is used for the snare on your midi track. Then the same midi will be triggering both of them, and you can turn the snare track down in EZ drummer. I really don't know how to be more clear about it without being in the room with you.

it´s impossible, i dont get nothing...
here is how i get superior drummer sound in my midi track:
2yuj7g2.jpg

now, after aplying superior drummer to midi track, opens a lot tracks (refer to different drum parts, s2-1, s2-2,s2-3,s2-4...).
at this moment, how i apply drumagog to my snare in superior drummer? what track it is?
if i create midi track, i can´t apply drumagog to midi track like vst...

somebody can explain this?? i´m very confused...

I thin it would work if you just use APtrigga (or Drumagog) like a VST instrument for every single track.
Just choose the samples by hand.
Well except for the cymbals

I thin it would work if you just use APtrigga (or Drumagog) like a VST instrument for every single track.
Just choose the samples by hand.
Well except for the cymbals

yes, i apply drumagog/aptrigga in single track, for example, ez2 (snare top),
with apptrigga works hits well, but very machinated...not blend well...

with drumagog trigger horrible...with fast hits is horrible...

some help?

have you tried adjusting the sensitivity in drumagog? I apply drumagog to my snare track just like you do and get good results. maybe the velocities on your snare hits needs to be raised as well. sometimes in fast parts like a in a grind section the snare is lower in velocity (that is if you are using loops)

-Yes, now right click on that midi track and select "duplicate track".
-Then make an audio track, and insert drumagog on a blank audio track.
-Now you have TWO IDENTICAL Midi tracks and an audio track with drumagog on it.
-Now, where you have the first Midi track being sent to superior drummer, send the second one to drumagog that you inserted in that blank audio track a minute ago.
-Open drumagog in the audio track that you are now sending your midi to, click the advanced tab, and select the actual note that represents the snare in your midi track.
-Adjust sensitivity, etc.

2upy0cg.jpg

Thanks a lot Deaf Ear, i'll try this settings when i'm at home (one hour) and i'll post my results to you, ok?

first, one comment:
with method you explain:

i have:
1 midi track with superior drummer
1 midi track with drumagog assigned.

in drumagog if my snare is D1 note, i choose MIDI IN and i choose D1 note?
and in drumagog you choose samples too, ok?

i dont understand well one thing:
you create blank audio track, you apply drumagog to this track, you choose apropiate samples, and put MIDI IN with midi note snare for example.
then, duplicate midi track and, in out, you choose drumagog. ok, i understand this but...
if you dont apply drumagog to superior drummer, how it blends superior drummer sound with drumagog sound????i dont understand this...

Because now you will have two faders, one for SP an one for drumagog. You do the blending yourself.