Drummer Recruitment Drive..!

Medsy

Major Rager...!
Apr 17, 2001
Adelaide,Australia
Visit site
Hey lads...

Found a few drummer forum sites like the ones were using here.....!

Thought maybe someone would like to post a few messages around and see how many we can lure back into our projects......!

As u guys may have a lil more time than i do.... thought id handball this one off to one of the more active lads.....

Heres the links.... maybe we can have an excess of drummers for a change...wouldnt that be a rare thing....

Oh...no offense to the the ones we have..... its just that maybe more drummers can resurge all us axemen as such....

Pear Drum Forum : http://66.40.220.17/

Drum Dogs Forum : http://www.drumdogs.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

DrumCentre : http://www.drumcenterforum.com/index.cfm

Good luck

I think I scare people away too.:( I posted in a drummer's thread on the Maiden board a while back and included a link to here for any that were interested. I guess none were.:(

Maybe they didn't respond because I only had like two posts on that board? They don't like "Noobs" over there.

Hey fellers, in a time of despair and lack of drummers, I have found an excellent (well, a functional) solution! The drumprogram called "Drumkit from hell" seems to be a great invention, the sound of the samples is awesome, and as far as I understand , it's fairly easy to use! The program is developed by a company named Toontrack, and the samples are recorded by world-famous thrash-drummer Tomas Haake from Meshuggah! Check it out at drumkit.toontrack.com. It might be a temporary solution.

Hmm... From what I understood, it's just a cd full of drum samples you can use with some tracker etc. Not sure, though, should look at that site a bit closer.

Originally posted by Eddy
Hmm... From what I understood, it's just a cd full of drum samples you can use with some tracker etc. Not sure, though, should look at that site a bit closer.

Yea, I took a quick look at thier site and that's what it looked like to me. It's a collection of samples that can be placed into any sequencer program, not actually a sequencer itself.

Yeah, it turned out to be that way. Pity, though there are some good sampler/sequencer programs out there already. I tried using it with cubase VST 5 and it seems to work. Only problem is that I don't know how to use cubase properly, so I can't record any of the stuff :(

I've just downloaded Fruityloops and will take a crack at using it again. (I tried it out once before and didn't care much for it.) It's geared more for dance/club/techno music, but I may be able to change some sounds around and get something useful from it. Stay tuned..... :cool:

Originally posted by Eddies cellmate
I've just downloaded Fruityloops and will take a crack at using it again. (I tried it out once before and didn't care much for it.) It's geared more for dance/club/techno music, but I may be able to change some sounds around and get something useful from it. Stay tuned..... :cool:

I've tried that one too. Didn't get too much out of it though, the trial version is quite limited...

Nef: Never heard...

Reason is EXTREMELY involved... it does just about anything you'd ever want to do, but has an extremely steep learning curve to get the full effect. To me, it made cubase seem like cool edit pro, in it's difficulty to fool with.

I use fruity loops for some house stuff, but as far as using it for straight ahead rock, it's not really the easiest choice, because you have to program then output it to your main recording program. That's why I use soundfonts and straightahead midi programming for drums in Cakewalk Sonar. That technique allows you to do your riffs and then create the drum bits to work right along with them, rather than having to program them first and play along, then go back and reprogram to adjust for the guitar parts... which is very time consuming and why I gave up my DR Rhythm drum machine in the first place. Midi drums, which you can program in any midi recording program, allow you much more freedom in working. Plus, there are a billion soundfonts available, for those of us using an Soundblaster card, so you can get your drum sounds to be as real as you would like. For that matter, you could take the drum sounds from your MM drum tracks and turn those into soundfonts to use.

For ease of use, it's very hard to beat Cakewalk Sonar when learning how to use MIDI. It might not do as much as other packages, but I've yet to hit my limit, since all I really use it for is to create drum tracks.