The drummer appreciation thread!

ATLA

Oct 12, 2007
The North
sometimes i get more excited watching and listening to a really good drummer more than i do a good guitar player. My main focus as a musician is guitar but drums seem to be my very close second favorite thing(though i myself cant play for shit).

so post your favorite drummer, doesnt have to be metal could be any style's. it seems most drummers who are good can generally do any style anyway..

Lately i have been watching Navene from animosity.

this guy has style and chops! I give him a pat on the back for actually putting intelligent drum beats in metal.

another drummer i fucking love would be mario from gojira.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buddy Rich was the greatest.

One of my faves is Steve Shelton , I love his organic style

And Romain Goulon

Great old school video of Louie Bellson..

To me, the best metal drummer out there (stylewise). The stuff he plays I is played with groove..

Who can forget Haake?

Gene Hoglan, this guy is a machine..amazing

Emmanuelle Caplette:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_jOPOBlJ3I&feature=related[/ame]

Benny Greb:
btw he recorder all vocals for this song and except for the solo guitar there are no more instruments

And yeah: Steve Shelton FTW!

George Kollias

Derek Roddy

Sean Reinert

and the greatest of them all

Yeah, Lombardo is such an obvious choice... and while there are tons of drummers out there that I appreciate, who are far better technically (Hoglan, Reinert, Minnemann etc.), there's till no one who has a style which captivates me like Lombardo's with his punkish edge and very Mitch Mitchell- and Bonham-esque fills.

You guys haven't noticed the awesomeness of Pat from Martyr yet? Fucking heathens, here you go!

(Sound quality is shit.. fucking camera mic, but all you really need to see is his furious live action. He is like a clockwork, absolutely flawless!)

Edit: If you press play, you better watch the whole damn thing! This guy hits the drums like he means it, at all speeds. I love him!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej0IvG5Vy3g&feature=channel[/ame]

Billy Cobham, master of syncopation!

Eric Carr, not that im a Kiss fan, but this guy slays at drums dude!

To me it's Haake (insane polyrythms and technical+mental skills), Pat (Martyr) and Hoglan (Death). Oh, and how could I forget Sean Reinert, godly too.

All have had videos posted, so I might add :

Johan Langell (who used to be in Pain Of Salvation), because I love the drums in their music with great syncopation and polyrythmic experimentation.

Probably not the best song to showcase him but it's probably the best of the band.

Song

Drum video by another dude