drummer problems

I lol'ed at 'Drummer World' Hahahaha!!

Too true I'm afraid.

Let me see if I've got this straight. He's playing poorly, off tempo (!), sloppy, he doesn't practice, won't practice, you've mentioned this to him several times if not repeatedly and he has made no effort to remedy the situation, the rest of the band is unhappy with his performance and he's cutting rehearsal to get his dick sucked.

Sorry, what's the fucking question again?:rolleyes:

And the sad fact is that the next drummer will be relatively the same. Let me guess...does he also lack transportation? And money perhaps? Drummers (especially like him) are plentiful. Musicians who happen to have chosen drums as their instrument are few and far between. And yes, usually spoken for by a pro band in minutes.

Here's the thing... I can play drums. I'm primarily a guitarist, but I do it all. But I would never join a band without being able to drive, have my own, and BE FUCKING ABLE TO PLAY TO A HIGH AS FUCK STANDARD!

Dweebs like this are the reason I push myself harder to be better; so I'm not in the same category as this fuckwit.

well today he just bitched about how we arent the drummers so we dont know how hard it is(in response to its not hard if you practice!) he just walked out of the room. Im at the point were im thinking of buying a new kit for my self and picking up drums seriously(but that would meen no new monitors :( ) should i just tough it out and wait for a drummer or pick them up myself?

well today he just bitched about how we arent the drummers so we dont know how hard it is(in response to its not hard if you practice!) he just walked out of the room. Im at the point were im thinking of buying a new kit for my self and picking up drums seriously(but that would meen no new monitors :( ) should i just tough it out and wait for a drummer or pick them up myself?

give it a shot

our drummer also has phases were its more about the party-attitude on playing gigs than practicing, learn his shit and be able to pull it.
we tried out to rehearsal with a click, but it didnt work out too well, so i just told him to IF he plays at home, he should do it at least with a metronome.
dunno, he always says that playing drums alone quite sucks and is boring without music...
but practicing the rhythm hand for me also isn' exactly a lot of fun.
dunno, somehow things solved...he bought some kind of drummer-dvd with excersises and so on and now it feels like he's more into it.

i just confronted him with the facts-> if he fails we all suck, thats the price for playing the only instrument thats hearable ALL the time haha...the drummer makes the timing.
its difficult, because he's my best friend for about 10 years, but you have to seperate those things...band-friendship.

Would you really wanna give up playing guitar in the band though?

Would you really wanna give up playing guitar in the band though?

if me playing drums meant my band had a steady drummer who wasnt a fuck tard then yes, just because i would be playing drums doesnt mean i wouldnt still write and record the music!

Drums are really fun and I imagine you'd get a new perspective in your writing.

We had a rhythm guitarist in my band who slacked off on practicing and etc. He was our friend, but we ended up kicking him out. He's over it and we're better for it, though.